Chapter 41

Paige POV

I can't believe it, I was engaged. Ethan proposed and I said yes. I saw the ring I had on my finger. Everything felt surreal. Did this really just happen?

"Dance with me" Ethan said. I nodded and put my arms around his neck and we kissed. We arrived to shore shortly after.

We got home and made love the entire night. Ethan showed me just how happy he was to be engaged.

The next morning we heard a knock on the door. It was 7 am, "Come in" Ethan said.

Sara came running inside with Scarlet by her side. "Sooooo, what did she say?" Sara asked eagerly.

"You two knew about it?" I asked lifting my eyebrows.

"Of course we did silly" Scarlet laughed.

"So what happened? Are marrying my brother?" Sara asked.

I looked at Sara and nodded. "I said yes" I said showing her the ring on my finger. Sara started jumping up and down on the bed.

"Yay!" She said. "Did your propose to her like I did?" Sara asked Ethan. I remembered when Sara asked me to be her sister, it was so cute.

Ethan laughed "something like that" he said.

"I knew that would work" she said.

"It definitely did." I laughed. "Ok enough celebrating, Sara you have to get ready for school, as do I. Come on" I said standing up and holding my hand out to her.

She held my hand and hugged me. "Thanks for saying yes and Happy Birthday" she said looking up at me.

"You're welcome and thank you" I smiling back at her.

Scarlet pulled me into a hug. "Congratulations! We're officially going to be cousins and Happy Birthday!" she said.

"Thanks Scarlet" I said smiling at her.

I helped Sara get ready and I got ready as well. Ethan insisted we should stay in and celebrate my birthday all day, but I declined and made him get ready for work. 

I dropped Sara off at school, and right when I was about to get back in the car I saw people were looking at me. All the nanny's were looking in my direction shaking their head. What that about? I decided to ignore them. They all started glaring at me when my relation with Ethan went viral.

The chauffeur arrived to school and right when I opened the door I was bombarded with paparazzi. The chauffeur immediately sprung into action and did what he could to protect me. The paparazzi was crazy. They were asking if it was true Ethan and I were engaged. We haven't told anyone. How the heck could they have known?

The driver helped me get back into the car and drove off. "What's going on?" I asked him.

"I got in touch with Mr. Anderson, he said I should take you to his office." He said.

"Oh ok" was all I said. We arrived surprisingly quick to Ethan's building. We went inside the parking garage and I remembered the last time I was here. I definitely didn't have happy memories. The driver guided me inside the building. We went straight into the elevator.

It was empty. I driver told me to head up and that Ethan was waiting for me. I nodded and the elevator doors closed.

The elevator went up a couple of floors and then people came inside. They didn't really seem to know who I was and just ignored me. We went up a couple more floors and the doors opened again and more people stepped inside. As we were approaching the top floor, almost everyone got off at the second to last floor.

Only two women besides me remained. They started gossiping "the news can't be true. A hunk of a man like him can't marry a girl like her" a blonde said pointing at a picture in a tabloid.

"I agree. He needs someone like me. I mean come on. Look at this girl. She's has no boobs, she's fat and she's ugly. What can he possibly see in her?" The brunette next to her said.

"You're right. We have a meeting with him in a few minutes. Maybe he'll see us and realize the mistake he's making" the blonde said.

"Yeah girl. Let me unbutton my shirt a little bit." The brunette said and they both stated giggling.

The elevator doors flew open and the immediately walked out. I slowly trailed behind them. Ethan stood right in front of us.

The women walked up to him, "Mr. Anderson, it's so good to see you." The blonde said putting her hand on his arm.

"Yes Mr. Anderson, we can't wait to have our meeting" the brunette said with so much emphasis as she batted her eyes at him.

He completely ignored them. "Excuse me" he said pushing them away and he made his way to me "oh thank god Paige. There you are" he said rushing towards me and hugging me.

The two women in front of me  had their jaws wide open. Ethan grabbed my hand and said, "come on" as he led me to his office.

As we walked past the women their eyes grew wide. "Sorry ladies, I have to talk to my finance, the meeting will have to be postponed" he said to them.

Their eyes were huge when they saw me. "That's your finance" the blonde said pointing at me with her mouth wide open and the brunette slapped her arm.

"Yes, do you guys know each other?" Ethan asked.

They both turned bright red. "We met in the elevator" I said. They eyes grew wider if that was even possible.

"Oh good. I want everyone to get acquainted with my future wife" Ethan said.

"Are you sure you want to cancel the meeting Ethan? They were both very excited to talk to you just now" I said.

They both looked at me and at this point it seemed that their eyes were going to pop out of their sockets. "Oh no miss. Please go ahead, we can always reschedule. Excuse us" the brunette said and they both ran to the elevator.

Ethan looked at me. He knew something was up. He pulled me into his office and he sat me down in his sofa. "What was that about?" He asked me as he kneeled in front of me.

I looked down "nothing, I just heard what everyone thinks but no one says to my face" I said.

"Paige what happened? Did they say something bad about you? I'll fire them right this second" he said standing up.

I looked up at him and stood up. "No don't do that." I sighed heavily once again. "They only said what's true. Ethan are you sure about this? I don't want you to regret this decision later..." I tried to say but he kissed me. I put my hands around him. Man, I couldn't get enough of him.

Ethan broke the kiss and looked into my eyes. "Paige. I would never reconsider this. I love you. I will always love you. Don't ever forget that" he said looking intensely into my eyes.

"I love you too" I whispered looking at him. He smiled at me.

"I love to hear that" he said giving me a quick kiss. "Now tell me, should I fire those girls?" he asked me.

"No don't do that. It's fine." I said. "Anyways what happened? How did the paparazzi find out so fast that we were engaged?" I asked him.

"Someone from the ship probably leaked the information. I have someone looking into it." He said.

"I guess it doesn't matter. People were going to find out anyway. I just wish we would of had a little more time" I said.

He looked down at me. "I know Paige" he said pulling my into a hug and kissing the top of my head. I wrapped my arms around him. He made me feel safe. He always made me feel safe.