Chapter 7: The Offer

Y/n POV

I swung to my apartment to meet with Tony and when I arrived I saw him there in uniform and He said, "congratulations on your victory over her."

"She got away though."

Tony: you force your target to retreat. You may not have stopped her in the conventional way, but that battle will lead to her being stopped. I understand that it was hard to do that seeing as how it was your mother. I was thinking over the few weeks we have developed a bond haven't we?

"Yeah I'd say so."

It's strange in a short amount of time it's like he became a father figure to me. I wonder why.

He was about to continue and when the sound of a car screeching by was heard and I said, "sorry duty calls, be right back."

I put my mask back on and jumped out my apartment and swung to the car.

I landed on the roof of the car. I tapped on the windshield and said, "hey guys do mind stopping the car I think you guys have a taillight out."

The thug at the drivers side seat fired his gun and missed and I dodged it and said, "I guess we're doing this the hard way."

I grabbed the guy in the passenger seat webbed him up and threw him on the the wall of a building sticking him to the side of it.

I then jumped threw the passenger side window and kicked the driver out of it. I then webbed him to a building. I was on the door I accidentally kicked out and webbed the back of the car and the road and forced the car to stop.

I then swung away and onto a rooftop where I found that Tony was waiting for me.

Tony: nice job.

"How did you get here so fast?"

Tony: not important. However on the way I did get pizza from down the street.

"Sweet."

After we ate he said, "listen, through the few weeks, I've seen you grow from a dumb kid from Hell's Kitchen to a force to be reckoned with. Now my boss would like a word with you."

Wait, his boss?

He got out a laptop and turned on the video chat and I saw the face of someone in a suit and tie.

The man said, "I am the one you inaccurately  called Kingpin, my name is Lincoln, but call me Tombstone

The man said, "I am the one you inaccurately called Kingpin, my name is Lincoln, but call me Tombstone."

"You're the guy that ordered out all those hits."

Tombstone: Yes that was me. Oh and if you're worried about your identity don't be Taskmaster has refused to tell me no matter how much I increase his pay.

"What does that have to do with me, and why the hell is Taskmaster working for you."

Taskmaster: he pays well.

Tombstone: enough of that I have a proposition for you, come work for me. I'll pay you top dollar. You wouldn't have to change much. Except for the fact you go after small timers. If a villain appears and threatens the city, a bomb threat is made, or anything else like that go ahead and stop them, but no small timers after all can't be a kingpin of crime if there is no crime.

Taskmaster closed the laptop and said, "what do you think?"

I grabbed the laptop and threw it into a building.

"The answer is hell no."

Taskmaster: think this through.

"Oh trust me I have."

Taskmaster: Not yet.

He got out his blade and shield, and my talons came out and I said, "fine then let's see if you can beat me."

My spider sense went off and he shield rushed me and I attempted to jump over it, but he put away his sword, grabbed my leg and slammed me into the ground. I jumped up attempted to kick him in the face, but he predicted that and blocked it.

He grabbed my leg and threw me off the building. I crashed through the car I stopped's roof and I fell off the top of the car.

I looked up and saw the chief Adrian Thomson and he helped me up saying, "what's going on?"

"I was played. Played like a fiddle."

Out from the alley Taskmaster walked out and said, "it's not over yet Spider."

"No shit."

He ran to me and in an instant he was behind me he kicked me into the wall and I said, "since when in the hell can you do that?!"

Taskmaster: I watch a video of someone running while I fast forwarded through it.

(Side note; no I did not make that power up for him, nor did I make up why he has that power marvel is just ridiculous like that. Also the reason why that happened for those that aren't aware of taskmaster's powers; he has what's known as Photographic reflexes which allows him to replicate any physical move he sees that isn't superhuman with the exception of the super speed thing)

"Why not because nothing else make sense."

He ran to me at 80 mph and bashed me through a wall, he took out his sword and was about to cut me down so I used an accelerated decoy to fool him into focusing on that.

Just as expected he did and was so focused on attacking that he didn't notice me going into a steam tunnel.

I guess taskmaster saw the tail end of me jumping in and followed me, but I already broke some of the pipes and filled it with steam so he couldn't see.

Taskmaster: give up, it's over.

"Not yet."

I activated accelerated vision and focused on his heat signature and I hit him in the gut. He then stumbled backwards so I kneed him in the face, after that I jumped off of his face and spun web on either side of him and pulled myself into him knocking him to the ground.

I jumped off and cut his hood off with my talons and covered his eyes by tying it into a knot as the steam was dissipating. I punched him in the face, then the ribs, then the stomach and finally finished it with and uppercut through the street above us and while he was still in air I jumped up webbed him then threw him straight into the ground knocking him out and ending the fight.

I then said, "still think that I didn't think it through?"

I webbed him to a wall and snapped a few shots for the bugle and then I was stopped by Adrian who arrived with back up.

He looked at the scene and said, "we've been trying to catch him for years and you did it first try."

"Well not without being fooled by him first. Don't sell yourselves short you guys do good work."

Adrian: Well this was one helluva day. Hey Spider-Man thanks for your help.

"No problem sir after all I'm just doing the right thing."

I swung away and back home... well my home for now until rent is due after that well I gotta find a new place to stay.