Chapter 16: Calian

Y/n POV

I was in Jonah's office and he said, "did you get any pictures of the menace and that Vulture freak?"

"Uh no I wasn't near the area."

Jonah: eh whatever, here's 800 for the pictures. by the way I'm sorry about you're mother.

"What?"

Jonah: you know being a con and all.

"Oh that's what ya meant. It's all good, doesn't matter much."

Jonah: one more thing in a few hours I'll be interviewing the hunters that found that dead tribe of Native Americans and I was wondering if you could take a few photos for the paper. You'll be paid double.

"Sure why not."

I need a break anyway, so why not.

30 minutes later

We arrived at the location and walked inside the hunting club.

We got to the lounge room and I saw the Native American they called Last Man in a cage.

(Ignore the tomahawks)

One of the hunters walked up behind us and said, "beautiful isn't he? To bad he's feral."

He began to smirk and I said, "that doesn't make sense... why would he be feral if he grew up around others?"

Hunter: well his tribe was evidently uncivilized. Oh I'm sorry I forgot to introduce myself my name is Richard Heed.

So Dick Heed got it.

Jonah and mr. Dick Heed started to talk and I walked up to the cage and asked quietly if I could take a picture.

???: go... ahead...

"Thanks... wait you speak English?"

???: since... I heard them...

I took a picture of him and he was about to say something else when he was struck with a cattle prod by Dick Heed.

Dick Heed: looks like it learned a new trick.

The interview went as expected with Heed lying about everything and it was obvious, but halfway through The Native American was getting restless as he wanted out and he was about to be hit with the cattle prod, but He bended the bars of the cage and grabbed Dick Heed by the throat and said, "not again murderer."

He threw him to the side and was about to end it when other hunters showed up with rifles, they took aim and fired, but he dodged the bullets and actually blocked some of them with Dick Heed.

He dropped Dick Heed and jumped out the window only to find police waiting for him.

"I kinda forgot this place is like 1 minute away from the police station."

Jonah: of course it is, but it seems that the police have this covered.

"Something tells me they don't."

I called Simon and said, "get changed we need your help."

I explained the situation and he said he was on his way.

Simon POV

I arrived at the hunting club and saw a bunch of flipped over police cars and I saw The guy Y/n told me about standing there. He took off running at incredible speeds.

I swung over here and said, "hold up there man."

???: that is not my name!

He bum rushed me and I went flying into a wall. I saw him jumping up a wall and I followed him.

He reached a dead end and I said, "great can we talk now?"

???: what do you people want, first you destroy my tribe and now send someone with a mask to kill me.

"Wait I'm not here to do you any harm."

???: then why are you here!?

"I want to help you."

Y/n POV

Jameson and I walked up to Dick Heed who was in an ambulance and I asked, "what did you really do when you found his tribe?"

Dick Heed: what do you think? I killed all but him because it'd be a better story.

"That's it?"

Dick Heed: what did you expect?

"I expected you to keep on lying but no you're proud of it and just like the pun your name is admit to it with out putting up a fight."

Dick Heed: well that's just who I am.

Simon POV

???: what do you mean you want to help me?

"Exactly what I said, since you brought up the mask I'll take it off, but if you promise not to say anything about who I am."

???: why?

"Because if you do a lot of people are going to be in danger, a lot of people want me dead and they're going to go to an length to get to me."

???: deal.

I took off my mask and said, "my name is Simon Knox, I'm 15 and I'm a freshman at Midtown High School."

???: My name is Calian, I'm the last of my tribe.

"Quick question, how can you speak English?"

Calian: Well... I don't know, but when I first heard the hunter speak I could suddenly speak what you call English, but back to the matter at hand how can you help me?

"Simple, listen I can't help you evade capture, but I can help you so you don't get as bad of a sentence. All you have to do is come quietly and surrender I can get a company lawyer to handle your case and your jail time will be reduced to a few months at least, but no matter what you'll have the possibility of parole."

Calian: I'll do it on one condition, my story isn't told by that Dick Heed bastard.

"Deal just request a guy by the name of Y/n Furnell to interview you and it'll be told right."