Chapter 26: A Talking to

Y/n POV

I was in the elevator of the Baxter Building heading up to one of the Fantastic Four's floors, when I got a call from Howard. I answered and Howard said, "hey um things aren't looking good."

"What's happened to him?"

Howard: well in order to operate they have to wear electrical gloves. He's basically a human lighting bolt right now.

"I gotta go now. See ya around. I'll... I'll visit when I can."

The elevator doors open I saw Mr. Grimm (the Thing) on a couch, he looked over and said, "you're finally here, come on let's get going."

I stepped out of the elevator and followed him and he lead me to Dr. Richards and Dr. Storm-Richards. I now have something to cross off my bucket list.

Dr. Richards turned to me pulled up a chair and said, "oh you're here. Well then sit down, won't you?"

I did so and he said, "from what I heard, you have the abilities of a spider and you told Johnny that you're not a mutant, so I was wondering... how did you get your powers?"

"Well there's two ways I can explain this the surface level one and my personal theory on how it manifested."

Dr. Richards: theory?

"Well yeah it's just a theory, since I'm the only one it applies too right now, but it's there."

Mr. Grimm: What about that other guy?

"Oh him... that's a special case or I guess he's the example of what's supposed to happen when both are compatible to another, right uh shall I begin the surface level first?"

Dr. Storm-Richards: please do, but first can I ask how old you are, because you look quite young.

"Well I'm 15."

Dr. Storm-Richards: well it seems that it's not just Johnny who has the courage to do what we do despite his age.

"I had a good father."

Dr. Richards: now that we established that can you tell us how you got your powers surface level first.

"Oh of course. Um on the first week of school they decided to take the freshman on a field trip to Oscorp labs to I guess show us what we could achieve or something like that, but um on this trip, we got to the first subjects on the genetic modification subjects, you know for that contract with the military to create mass produced super soldiers, and these ones happened to be spiders. There were 12 display cases, but one was empty this was the one that would bite me and after that bite I had powers, but my friend learned that like an organ transplant the spiders need to be compatible with the person they go to in order for these powers to work for more than a week and after that week the people exposed to the spider experienced extreme pain and weakness, hell in some cases they died of shock. So it was more of a dice game than anything else since there was no way to tell if they were compatible or not."

Dr. Richards: and you're saying you weren't compatible, then why do you still have powers then and what makes you think you weren't compatible?

"Well um one of my friends is the daughter of Lynda Osborn and she told me that when they test the other spiders in those case they had different abilities than me, and they were all same as each other including my spider. My theory is that well for context I have a mutant mother, so I thought well maybe my mutant genes were dormant at this time, but when they discovered a harmful pathogen enter my body they rushed to protect me and adapted and incorporated those powers into me. This was partly confirmed because um last month or so I was injected with something that completely got rid of almost all the powers shown with the other subjects and the powers it kept have been changing. My stamina has increased, my healing factor upgraded, something I call accelerated vision improved and made permanently on, and my strength has been lessening."