With Doubt

A/N

This chapter contains mentioned/implied MINOR character death

_

"Kim shii, I have news"

Taehyun has been hesitant to tell her about him getting to dance Giselle, the woman is cold and strict and unpredictable. Some days she demands to know Taehyun's every whereabouts and others, she wouldn't even care if he doesn't return home for days.

It can be hard to thread around her but Taehyun has an inkling feeling that this might be something she can be glad to hear for once.

Hopefully, the woman isn't in a foul mood, but Taehyun sighs because he knows she's never not in a bad mood.

For a broken soul like her, how can she not?

Taehyun remembers a saying he used to hear frequently when he started out ballet, a quote by Martha Graham "A dancer dies twice— once when they stop dancing, and this first death is more painful."

Looking at the woman who birthed him, he can truly understand what meaning is carried behind the sentence.

She scowls at him, her hallowed cheekbone face and blazing eyes showcasing the muddled-up pain and fury that never soothed with all the time that passed, "What the fuck do you want now?! Doesn't that useless body of yours need to practice more!?"

Taehyun hates practicing around her but she would make him at times and scream and flick his head for any slight mistake made.

Taehyun controls the way his chest is already feeling suffocated, he has to do this, it would finally make her feel something other than her ugly feelings of vengeance.

He strains a smile at her, she should be happy to hear this.

"The academy will be performing Giselle Act 1 and I'm chosen to dance as Giselle"

Hueningkai once told him that he dreams too much at times, and Taehyun thinks that's ridiculous, how can someone dream too much?

There shouldn't be a limit to how much someone dreams.

He found the answer to that rhetorical question on this very day.

"Oh? You're getting smart on my now are ya?" her face morphs into one of a dirty look, her thin lithe figure rising from the chair.

"After all I've done for your ungrateful ass?" she barks, venom dripping with each word at the boy.

"What? No-" Taehyun slowly backs away, eyes blown wide as he tries to explain.

He feels his breath cut off when two hands, skinny and thin tightens around his shoulders.

"You dare lie to me?! How fucking dare you try to lie to me thinking I won't know?! You think I'm an idiot?! You think I'm a fucking dumbass you useless shit?!" she's shaking him violently with anger as the screams fill their apartment.

"I'm not lying.... it's true...." Taehyun mutters between his quiet sobbing, shaking his head with his eyes glued shut.

"YOU!! CAN NEVER BE WHAT I SHOULD'VE BEEN NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY!! THIS IS WHY I FUCKING HATE YOU!!" The woman swings the boy with all her might, his body slamming against the wall.

Due to her weak body, it did not hurt too much yet the pain in his heart is searing.

Taehyun curls on the floor, droplets of tears dripping down his chin as he clutches his shoulders "THIS IS WHY YOU SHOULD'VE HAVE BEEN A GIRL YOU USELESS PIECE OF GARBAGE JUST LIKE THAT USELESS MAN WHO RUINED EVERYTHING FOR ME!!"