With Heaviness

A/N

Mentioned of diet (briefly) , Panic Attacks , toxic relationship

_

Stepping into the decorated ballroom, Taehyun gasps to himself with awe. The place is beautifully spruced up with glittery winter theme ornaments, buffet tables with plates of food scattered around the room, dining tables, and a wooden floor dancing area in the middle of it all.

There's a small orchestra playing music at one side, the party is still early it seems because there are only a few guests and the two engaged individuals have yet to make an appearance.

"Wow..." Taehyun mumbles, wide eyes looking around to absorb the picture.

Beomgyu and Arin are zooming past one buffet table after another, piling their plates with sweets and pastries. Yeonjun and Hueningkai are tailing them, both boys grabbing their own plate of food for themselves.

Soobin smiles down at his date's surprised face, "Big party isn't it?" for Taehyun who has never attended any parties in general, this may seem like a lot but for Soobin, it's rather plain from what he's used to.

"Yeah...." Taehyun trails, the luxury of everything in that room is making him feel out of place.

"Actually, it's really not. I'm surprised she didn't plan this to be grander. This is so-so" Soobin comments, his sweet sixteenth birthday party was a lot grander than this.

"I don't even go to regular parties," Taehyun reminds him, scoffing at the way Soobin brags about his social status.

"Ah yes, I forgot. Loner wannabe, gotcha" the elder teases, laughing when he feels a foot stomping on his own.

"Shut up" the boy retorts, Soobin looks around for his brother and sighs when he doesn't see him yet.

"You wanna grab something to eat Tyun?" he suggests "Not really hungry" the boy replies with a shrug.

"That's a yes, let's go" Taehyun bewilderedly lets the older boy drags him to one of the buffet tables, he finds Soobin's weird desire to make sure he eats sort of endearing but also annoying since he has a diet to follow.

He does however note how the raven-haired male is using that nickname again, which for some reason he can't explain, makes his tension ease.

Hueningkai stares at the pair who are sitting two tables across his and Yeonjun's, the two are having a small chat as they eat their food and the way Taehyun is smiling at the other boy is making him churn with bitterness.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer" a voice jolts him out of his thoughts, he tears his gaze from his best friend and turns to his supposed date.

At Yeonjun's face, he feels guilt stinging because he's here as his date yet his eyes are on another boy.

"Oh, uh...sorry I was um" he fumbles with his words, trying to come up with a quick excuse but Yeonjun giggles at him, the fondness in his eyes still the same.

"Nah, it's fine I figured"

He may be academically struggling but Yeonjun reads people pretty well, he figured out that something is going on with the two best friends and with how painfully obvious Kai was, it's easy to connect the dots.

Sure, it somewhat hurts him that Hueningkai likes someone else, but who has control over who their heart wishes to love? Yeonjun knows enough that Kai owes him nothing, he can't expect for the boy to reciprocate, so he doesn't.

"What?" Kai cast him a fake smile to hide the way he is astounded by the fact he is caught red-handed.

"You act like the rest of the world becomes a blur when he's around, how long is this pining?" The way Hueningkai looks flustered at the question is adorable.