With Possibilities

TW //

- mentions/implied on non consensual touch/encounters
- squint for blood
- toxic relationship

_

Two boys are back in their childhood playground, the sky slowly turning a warm orange hue on that particularly cold day, Kai and Taehyun let their bodies sway on the seat of the swing set, it's been quite a hectic time for the two of them with schools and final exams coming up.

But in the company of the serene stillness of the playground in the early evening, it's calming. A moment for them to take a deep breath from running so fiercely with the tide of life.

Yet Hueningkai’s thought and plunged with the birthday party of his potential suitor.

“Why am I nervous?” he breathes out, feeling jitterish just thinking about it. The thought of meeting Yeonjub’s parents gets a tad bit scarier by the minute, it’s even starting to annoy his own self of how ridiculous he’s feeling.

Taehyun who is sitting on the seat next to him can only throw him a sympathetic look, they both know how that one went for him. Maybe Yeonjun and beomgyu’s moms are different, they are both queer so at least that’s a sign they might be pretty chill about social status and such.

Taehyun wishes his mind doesn’t generalize all rich parents are like Soobin’s, they can’t all be that bad, but he can’t help but be nervous for him as well.

“Because you’re meeting his parents?” he does not show his concern knowing full well it’ll only edge Kai even more, and the boy is on the edge of his seat all by his own concern, no need for Taehyun to add more to it.

“But we’re not even a real thing yet. This feels ridiculous” Hueningkai mumbles with a small frown, the party is only a few hours away and he needs to get his shit together if he doesn’t want to make a bad impression.

He does want Yeonjun, more badly than he used to want Taehyun even.

“Labels are just labels,” Taehyun reminds him, hoping to at least wash away some of the bubbling anxiety Kai must be having right now.

Hueningkai hums, maybe he should try to think of something else to take his mind off his dilemma “Is Soobin going to watch you or…?” It is the boy’s aunt’s birthday celebration but Kai supposed he wouldn’t mind missing it to be with Taehyun for the dancer’s performance.

“No he’s going with you guys, he shouldn’t miss family events for me” Taehyun says firmly with a shake of his head, the couple did talk about it and he somehow managed to convince Soobin out of missing the party.

Hueningkai snorts at him “He would” it's hard to not see the great lengths Soobin will go for his best friend, and he’s thankful for that.

“Would, but I won’t let him” Taehyun finalizes, getting up from the swing seat after taking a glance at the watch around his wrist “Anyways we should get going, gotta dress you up nice and pretty”

Hueningkai groans, he almost forgot about that part of the equation. Technically they already chose an outfit for him to wear after a two hour long session of Hueningkai being Taehyun’s dress-up doll.

“Oh boy, do I really gotta wear that ” he whines thinking of the outfit Taehyun picked out for him. Both boys now walk up to their apartment on foot and up to Taehyun’s unit, Taehyun said he’ll be doing his makeup too and Kai contemplates once more why he asked for help.

“No but it’ll be impressive”

Ah right, he’s desperate and his best friend actually knows how to dress up nicely.