Chapter 16: Your Eyes

Mei and I devised a plan, we were going after the others.

"This way." She called out to me, we both climbed down the debri.

Third Person POV (before Mei and Luna found Mustang)

"Colonel Mustang." Edward said as the man popped up beside him.

"Edward?" He called out, his hand was over his face.

"Yeah it's me, why are you acting so weird." He asked, the Colonel was struggling to get up.

"How did you find me, it's so dark in here." Mustang said, his voice sounded concerned.

Mustang looked up at Edward, and Ed felt his stomach drop. The Colonel's eyes were a pale shade of white. This time the truth had taken away eyesight.

Back to Luna

Overwhelming thoughts flooded my mind as Mei and I fell deeper into the fortress. We found the sacrifices, there was Edward and Alfonse, and a woman with black hair, and in the back was Mustang. 

I was glad to see Mustang was alright, but what had the truth taken away from him. I began to spiral a bit as the unpleasant thoughts returned to me. What if he tongue was taken away, or his insides, or worse, what if they had taken away his nose, or something major.

I rushed to the side of the Colonel, he was in an odd position, and his hand was over his face. He looked so helpless on the floor, what had happened.

"Mustang." I said said, I didn't speak to loudly.

"Luna?" He asked, he looked around in the other direction, he reached his hands out and swatted them through the air. 

My fears were confirmed as I glanced into the Colonel's eyes, they were a bland shade of light grey... He was blind. 

"Mustang, y-your eyes." I said, I was stuttering as I looked at the helpless man.

"Luna, it's so dark." He said, his tone was breaking your heart, he looked so exhausted.

I pulled Mustang close to me and rested his head on my shoulder, I let out a cry. I didn't even bother to look at the horrible anomaly that was behind us.

Time Skip (Father leaves underground area)

"Lieutenant, what's going on." Mustang asked, to be honest I wasn't even sure if I could give him an accurate answer.

"The man that was here, the one yelling, he left. He's who we're after." You said, it was all that I could manage to say.

Everyone was brought up to the surface, it was determined that we would all fight the Father.

"Lieutenants, I'm going to need your help, please tell me where to aim." Mustang said to me, Riza and the others had also joined us.

Ahh this is bad, I'm bad at writing out fight scenes and it's hard to capture this moment in writing, basically lets just fast forward to the end of the fight...

"Damn it, there's not even a scratch." I yelled.

Edward ran out and engaged the Father head on, we all cheered him on, though he looked like he was hurting.

"Come on Ed!!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

"Edward!" Mustang shouted.

He kept going, with attack after attack, and he was actually holding up well. Soon enough the Father collapsed, his body was weakening.

Soon enough he was pulled inward, and he completely disappeared.

We all cheered, it was finally over, all the fighting, all of the problems, the homonculi were no longer an issue.

I turned towards the Colonel, he had a slight smile on his face this time around.

"We did it, Mustang." I said to him. He glanced down at me.

"Hughes would be proud, wouldn't he." Mustang said with a big smile, his eyes were watering up.

"He would be so proud." I said, I rested my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes. This victory was well deserved, but now what were we going to do?

Sorry this is really really short, but I couldn't find a good way to end this, anyways there's still more to the story truuuuust =)