Chapter 17: Human

Mustang was in the hospital still, but I hadn't seen him since that day. I had nothing else to do, so I scruffed up enough courage to go see him.

I approached the large building, every step forward was scary than the previous one. I could feel my hands shaking as I attempted to push open the door, it was a pull to open door of course. Now I looked like an idiot.

I walked up to the counter and glared at the woman sitting at the little desk there.

"D-do you kn-, Do you know w-where Colonel R-roy Mustang's-, Where Mustang's room is?" I asked contently, my voice was so shaky I bet she couldn't even understand me.

"Third floor, three rooms down on the left side, you can't miss it since its right next to the water fountain." The lady said, she smiled and waved goodbye as I dashed over to the elevator.

I was pacing in the elevator, my hand finger curled against my chin. I could hear my own heartbeat now, and every beat resonated throughout my body. I also had butterflies again.

"Mustang?" I asked as I entered.

"Luna, is that you?" Mustang called out, he turned towards the door, but his eyes were looking off in another direction.

There was no one else here, so I relaxed a bit, still, I was now alone with the Colonel.

"Mustang." I called out, I sat down on the small stool next to his bed.

"M-mustang, I love you." I said shyly, he turned towards me and reached out to touch my hair.

Mustang grabbed a hold of my hand, and he looked down on me.

"I love you too." He muttered, I blushed as Mustang pulled me close to him. My thin body was cradled by his strong arms. 

"I'm, I'm so proud of you." I added, I looked up at him and his strong looking face.

Mustang looked at me, he took my hands and placed them on my cheeks. His trembling hands broke my heart. Mustang closed his eyes and kissed me, he missed at first, but I readjusted and kissed him back.

"I'm proud of you, Luna." Mustang whispered, a shiver went down your spine.

There was a knock on the door, and soon enough Marco was in here with us. He explained that he could bring back  Mustang's eyesight.

"Marco, I'll agree to this deal, but there are some people who come first." Mustang said.

"I want you to heal Havoc, and to fix my Lieutenant, if she wants it." Mustang said, he gripped my hand tightly at the last bit.

"Very well then, Luna, do you want to be human again?" Marco asked, I looked at his crippled and torn up face. Did I want this, of course I did, right?

"I-, I don't know." I said nervously.

"I don't care either way, it's your choice Luna." Mustang said, he brought my hand close to him, I squeezed my hand tightly.

"Well-, then I decline." I said, this was a part of me now, there was no going back.

"Alright, well I'll just heal up Mustang right now then." Marco exclaimed, he pulled up a chair and held out the stone. 

There was a flash of light, the ringing of the transmutation lingered in our ears. Mustang groaned slightly, his grip tightened, was he in pain?

Marco scooted the chair away, there was a smile on his face.

Mustang removed his hand from his eyes, and opened them. They were back to the usual dark color. He turned towards me and put a hand to my face, his eyes were watery, but then again so were mine.