Chapter 2: East City

Luna's POV

I packed my things and quickly put on my uniform. First was the shirt, then the pants, and lastly the jacket and boots. I had wanted to wear one of these uniforms for as long as I could remember. I felt a sense of excitement when I put it on. I also grabbed my watch, and on my ignition gloves. They were the most important, since I was a state alchemist now.

I made my way to the train station and quickly departed. I was fleeing to the East, just like my sister did all those years ago.

I was still curious about this Colonel Mustang, hopefully he wasn't too much of a pain. There had been a lot of troublesome men in my life, I'm not sure if I could deal with another one.

I made it off the train, and made it to the Eastern Command. There was an old man waving at me, was he waiting for me?

"Hello Sir." I said as I soluted him. I had worked hard last night perfecting my salute.

"Oh no need for that yet." The old man said.

"I've heard about you Redfield, your a strange one aren't ya." He added, and he patted me on the back.

"You know too?" I asked, though I sounded discouraged.

"Yes, but I can assure you that no one else knows, and I intend to keep it that way." Grumman said. I let out a sigh of relief and followed the man through the headquarters.

We walked down the long hallways, until we reached a large double door.

"The Colonel and his men are in there, good luck my feathered friend." Grumman said one last time, then he headed back in the direction that we had come from.

I reached for the door handle, but I could feel myself hesitating a bit. I wondered what was on the other side, or more precisely, who was on the other side. What would the others think of me, and would they find out about me, or not. I had to push those thoughts out of my mind and actually open the door.

I cracked the large door open, and quickly rushed in. There were desks on both sides of the room, and there was a large central desk facing the doorway. The people at the desks were staring at me, their heads followed me as I slowly made it to the center of the room.

The person seated at the central desk was facing the other direction. I assumed that it was the Colonel.

"Colonel Mustang. I am officer Redfield. I've been transferred to your squad from Central Command Sir." I said, and I saluted him.

I could feel every hair on my body standing up. I did my dare to slouch, and I kept a tight salute.

The chair swung around, there was a strange man sitting in it. His hair was black and fell down over his forehead. And his face was strong and handsome, almost like a knight from a fairytale. Then there was his dark, onyx eyes that were so deep and mysterious. He had this strange presence about him that I couldn't figure out.

"Yes I was just made aware of your transfer, Second Lieutenant Redfield." Mustang said calmly. His voice was much deeper than I had imagined.

Wait Second Lieutenant, he must be mistaken, unless being an alchemist brought a higher rank by default.

"Please, speak with me outside." Mustang said, and he pointed to the door with his gloved hands. 

Mustang stood up, and escorted me. He was shorter than I thought as well, but that was easier for me, since I didn't feel as small nor as helpless now.

I got nervous as the Colonel approached me, his face was so determined and intimidating. We headed into the hallway and found a secluded place. I was getting even more nervous than before, especially since I was alone with the Colonel.

"So, Second Lieutenant, tell me about yourself." Mustang asked, he was so dominant, and overwhelming, but I ignored my fears and answered the question.

"Yes Sir, well I grew up on the countryside and had a rough upbringing. I started learning about alchemy at the age of 18 and have been practicing the art since then." I said boldly, I made sure not to give too much away.

"Your an alchemist, what type do you use." Mustang asked. I could hear the slightest bit of excitement in his tone, which made me smile. He seemed glad to hear that there was another alchemist on his team.

"I use flame alchemy." I said quietly.

"We'd be good sparing partners then, since I also use flame alchemy." The Colonel said. Of course he was, how was I going to stand out now, when we use the same type of alchemy.

"Yes sir." I said quickly, there was nothing else that I could say to his statement.

My heart was pounding, being alone with Mustang was nerve racking, but it was also exciting at the same time.

We headed back to the office, and Mustang showed me some of the things that I would be doing during the day. It was mainly filing paperwork, and occasionally delivering notes or books. Sometimes there would be action, but that was only if there was a major crime committed, or something like that. 

"I hope that you enjoy your time here with my squad." Mustang said, he seemed pretty calm. His presence was still so strange to me, something was off, or was it just my mind messing with me again.