Chapter 1: Assignment

Luna was awakened by the chiming of her alarm, it was almost the crack of dawn. Today was the day of the state alchemist exams, which she had studied for extensively. It had been a dream of Luna's since she was little to become an alchemist, but her mother's death made it difficult to achieve this dream.

Luna tied her hair up, and put on her new clothes. Her hands began to shake as she began to dress herself, she knew the importance of this moment, her life would never be the same if she managed to actually pass the exam.

The woman opened the door to her home and headed out for Central Command. It was a short walk from her home to central, she felt the nerves slowly leave her as she walked through the familiar streets, a smile began to form on her face as she drew nearer to the large building. There were many officers and important people standing around the entrance to central. Then there was a large staircase in the near distance, which looked so huge when you looked up into it. Luna continued to the test sight, though she seemed to have gotten lost somehow. There was a tap on her shoulder, and soon Luna was pulled into a near by room.

"I've seen you before chimera." The officer said. Luna was getting nervous now, how did someone already know about her, and who?

"What are you-." Luna replied, but she was interrupted mid sentence.

"I was there when it happened moron." The person said sternly.

The soldier grabbed her wrist, and dragged her to a large office, but to whom did it belong to?

"Come on in Envy." A stern voice said.

The so called Envy brought Luna into the office, then transformed into a more younger person. She recognized his face immediately, he was one of the people who had experimented on her.

"We've got a chimera Bradley, and she knows about us." Envy said, he sounded serious.

"So she knows about the homonculi." Bradley said, he stared at Luna.

"Things would get messy if the truth were to get out." Envy said, he hopped on the desk.

"You make a good point, very well then." Bradley said, he crossed his arms and sat back in his large chair. Then he focused his attention on Luna.

"What is your name miss." Bradley asked.

"Luna Redfield, Sir." Luna said nervously, she was remembering parts of her past that she thought had been long forgotten.

Flashback

"Who are you people." Luna asked, she was chained to a wall, a bag was being removed from her head.

"We are the homonculi, artificial humans forged from a philosophers stone." A small boy said, he was standing in the corner of the darkly lit chamber, his shadow was enormous.

"That's not possible." Luna said back, she was on edge now.

"Usually when an organization like this tells you this much information, it usually meant that they were going to kill you." Luna thought to herself, she was getting much more nervous with the passing of that sudden thought.

"My dear anything is possible." A black haired man said, his face was strange looking and covered by shadows.

"Enough chatter, it's time to test something." A boy said, he was short and looked like he was the same age as Luna.

"Envy is right, we can't just stand here. Gluttony get the bird." A woman said, her voice was smooth yet petrifying at the same time. She had a short maroon dress and black wavy hair, her eyes were piercing, and surely her gaze would be lethal if looks could kill.