CHAPTER 19 | arrival

KILO'S POV

Castyr is still unconscious by the time Miren wakes me up, but the energy I have been channeling has kept his pulse at a safe range.

"We're almost there." Miren nudges my arm.

I nod and sit up.

"How long has it been?"

"About three days. This ship is incredibly fast."

"Okay." I slip out of the blanket and tuck it under Castyr's chin before joining Miren in the control center.

"How is he?" Miren gestures to Castyr.

"His pulse is back to normal, but he's still recovering."

"You've been giving him energy for three days?"

I nod.

"You must be exhausted."

"I'll be fine." I might have just lied because I feel like shit. My side and leg hurt from the slashes, and my body feels faint.

Miren nods and checks our position. "We'll reach Earth in about an hour."

I decide to go back to sleep for that hour and crawl back into the chair with Castyr.

TIME SKIP: 1 HOUR - ARRIVAL AT EARTH

After wrapping Castyr in the blanket and looping the face mask over his ears, I scoop the star in my arms and wait as the door to the ship opens. Miren leads the way off the ship and onto the landing pad of one of Earth's space stations.

"Do you know where the transport to Heaven is?" I inquire of Miren through my mask.

"I do. Follow me." Miren starts towards the station's exit. I hold Castyr tightly as we make our way through the sea of travelers and exit the station.

Miren turns around and looks at us. She leads us to a secluded area in a square outside the station before stopping. "Put him on your back."

"Eh?"

"It'll be less conspicuous. Act like you're carrying a drunk friend."

Miren supports Castyr as I bend my knees. She carefully lays Castyr on my back, and I put my arms around his thighs. His head rests limply on my shoulder.

"That's better. Let's go."

I follow Miren across the square and onto a busy sidewalk.

"How do you plan to get on the transport? It's usually only for VIP guests and delegates," the human inquires as we mill through the stream of people.

"I'll find a way."

Miren nods and continues leading the way.

This thought has been on my mind for days. Should I declare I am an angel? Can I trust them? Has Earth been infiltrated by demons and spies?

I stop to catch my breath. I shake the dizziness from my eyes and continue following. Wow...I did not realize how weak I am right now.

"You okay?" Miren checks on me as she waits for me to catch up.

"Yeah."

"Okay." Miren looks at me suspiciously before turning back around and continuing.

We arrive at a tram stop and buy tickets to downtown Earth. Once we have our tickets, Miren and I stand on the station and wait.

"Kilo?" A small voice sounds.

"Castyr?" I turn my head to see Castyr's eyes slowly open. "How do you feel? Are you alright?"

Castyr nods. "Just sleepy. Where are we?" Castyr slips off my back and sits on a recently-vacated chair beside us.

"We're waiting for a tram to Heaven's transport," Miren answers as I sit next to Castyr.

"We made it to Earth?" Castyr looks up at me with a smile.

I nod.

"What happened on the Flisea? The last thing I remember was a bright light."

"You saved us," Miren says softly with a small smile.

"I did?" Castyr points to himself.

"Mmm hmm," I nod and ruffle his hair.

Castyr's expression changes as he looks up at me. "Kilo. Are you alright? You look awful. How are your wounds?" He lifts my shirt to check my wounds.

"I'm fine." I push Castyr's hands away before he can see the slash.

"Then why do you look so tired?"

"I'm probably just tired from the fight."

"Are you sure?" Castyr stares me in the eyes.

I nod before breaking eye contact and looking away. Miren leans against the wall and watches us. Castyr continues to look at me.

"It's here," Miren interrupts Castyr's stare as she spies the tram.

I turn to Castyr. "Can you walk?"

He nods before slowly standing to his feet. The tram slows to a stop in front of us. Miren steps away from the wall and begins towards the tram. Castyr follows me onto the tram and finds an empty seat. Miren and I stand beside Castyr as more passengers board.

This tram is newer and smoother than the one on Megran, so it is not as hard to keep my balance. In this moment, I am grateful for technology as I do not want to handle a rough ride right now.

I hold onto the rail above and rest my head in the pocket of my elbow. Castyr leans his head against the window and closes his eyes. He must still be exhausted.

The tram takes us through the sea of skyscrapers and towers and into the jungle of the city's downtown. Raised train lines and speedways weave in-between and around towers, increasing in density as we near downtown.

Castyr sleeps through the city he had so wanted to see. I do not wake him as he needs to recover his strength. Miren has obviously been to Earth many times as she does not even blink an eye.

The tram stops at a station downtown, and we make our way to the stop for the transport to Heaven.

A slight movement as we exit the tram catches my eye. I turn around, but whatever caught my attention avoids my gaze. I step closer to Castyr and keep a look out as we walk up to the tower housing Heaven's transport.