CHAPTER 65 | he's been taken

OMNISCIENT POV

Quiet cries and moans wake the angel in the dead of night when the moon is at its highest. Kilo looks to see Castyr in a sweat with tears streaming down his cheeks.

"No. Don't. Stay away!" Castyr moans as he turns his head from side to side in distress.

Kilo is quick to take his star in his arms and begin comforting him. "It's okay...it's okay..." The angel soothes as he strokes the star's head.

"Kilo!" Castyr calls as he grasps onto the angel's arm.

"It's okay. I'm here. You're safe, Castyr."

"No...don't come near! No!!" Castyr's eyes snap open as he cries out. The star breathes heavily as he comes back to reality.

"It's okay; it was just a dream."

The star nods in understanding and sits up straight, moving out from Kilo's arms. Kilo's heart aches as he watches his star recover from yet another terrifying nightmare, that same look present. The look that Castyr had back in Hades when Kilo saw the star again before he fell; the look of struggling through pain and torment.

"Castyr," Kilo says softly before reaching out cautiously and tenderly placing his hand on the star's shoulder. The star does not respond in a repulsed manner, so Kilo slowly wraps an arm around Castyr's shoulders and gently brings him into his arms. The star melts and leans against Kilo's chest as fresh tears begin to flow. The angel continues to sooth the star until he is able to fall back asleep.

Kilo looks at the sleeping star fondly. He reaches down and moves a loose strand of hair from the boy's forehead. A soft coo leaves Castyr's mouth as he reacts to the angel's touch. Kilo pets Castyr's head as he gazes at the sleeping beauty before him, the moonlight making the star seem as if he is glowing. Wait...Kilo looks closer, a smile forming on his lips as he realizes Castyr is glowing!

The angel releases a sigh. Castyr is glowing again; he is happy. Kilo realizes just how much he had missed Castyr's glow as he finds himself staring at the star lying beside him with heart-shaped eyes for nearly the rest of the night. The angel's heart is light as he eventually falls back to sleep; Castyr is content and safe.

✨✨✨✨

"Kilo!!!"

"Hmmm?"

"My eyes!!"

"What is it, love?" Kilo asks as he follows the source of the star's startled squeal. The angel enters the bathroom to find the star staring at his reflection in the mirror.

"What happened to my eyes?" Castyr asks as he widens his dark orbs. "They're black."

"Mm hmm."

"And the stars are purple."

Kilo nods.

"Why didn't you tell me?" The star whirls around to face his angel who is smiling at him softly.

"It didn't seem to be life-threatening."

"It's been three months since I woke up!"

"And you haven't looked in the mirror yet?" Kilo teases.

"I haven't had time to look in the mirror, Kilo!" The star points his finger at the angel before continuing, "You don't give me a chance to look at myself when I'm in the shower or even after-" The star stops himself when he sees Kilo's satisfied smirk. "Why are you so smiley?" Castyr asks as the angel advances towards him.

"So...then, do you not like the attention I give you?"

"W-what? I never said that," Castyr answers, his cheeks heating.