CHAPTER 9 | whatever it takes

OMNISCIENT POV

"Let me go! I have to help Devyn! Let me go!" Miren squirms.

Once the trio are a safe distance from the dendrum, Kilo sets Castyr down gently before twisting Miren to face him. "Calm down. Devyn knew what he was doing," the angel tells her bluntly.

"But-"

"Devyn asked me to get you out. You're alive thanks to him."

Miren takes a breath to calm herself, her chest rising and falling rapidly. "Okay. Devyn's a smart kid. He'll be alright, huh?"

Kilo nods and releases her wrist. "You made a deal," the angel reminds the human.

"Uh huh. Get you guys to Earth." Miren assumes her poise and checks her weapons.

"There's nothing you could have done. They outnumbered us," Kilo assures Miren.

She looks up at Kilo and nods. "Let's go." She straightens her jacket and begins walking away from the scene of the kidnap.

Kilo looks to see Castyr staring towards the direction of the fight. A tear falls down the star's cheek as Kilo reaches him.

"Devyn," Castyr whimpers.

"Come on," Kilo whispers softly. "We need to go."

Castyr looks up at the angel. Kilo takes his star's hand and leads him to Miren. Miren takes Kilo and Castyr through the station to a small, red ship. The red ship starts humming as soon as it detects Miren.

"Hey, pretty girl. Did ya miss me?" Miren greets her craft.

The craft's door opens, and the trio boards.

"Welcome to the Flisea, one of the smallest and fastest private crafts on Borum. She'll get ya to Earth in no time," Miren introduces as they take their seats.

"How long is the trip?" Kilo inquires.

"About a week if you're counting in days. Normally, it'd be nine days, but the Flisea will get us there sooner," Miren answers as she readies her ship. "We'll have to make a pit stop midway at Laeroe to refuel and such, which will add a day, but we'll bypass several planets."

Miren starts the Flisea's thrusters, and the craft disembarks from the station. Castyr settles in and sinks into his chair.

"I know no questions, so I don't know who you are, but I just want to warn you so you don't get hurt because Devyn seems to want to keep you guys alive. But, anyways, have you heard of the demons stirring?"

This catches Kilo's attention. "What do you mean?"

"Apparently, demons have been massing in places they normally don't go. They've been scouting planets, too. It seems as if they're searching for something or someone. They usually stay in Hades and on their planets, but they've been spotted on human domain and planets of other beings. So, just be careful," Miren turns her attention back to her ship after her warning.

Kilo takes in the information. What does this mean? Will Hades take action now that a star has disappeared? I have to get Castyr back as soon as possible!

Kilo turns and looks at the star. Castyr is sound asleep. I forgot how much stars sleep.

Kilo leans back and looks out the glass roof of the Flisea. I'll do whatever it takes to keep Castyr safe...whatever it takes.