002 | nightcall

━━━━━━ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎

nightcall ━━━━━━

━━━━━▼━━━━━

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐑 𝐕𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐔𝐌 was ridiculously underqualified.

Not that Wynn would ever say it aloud. She knew better than to involve herself in Senate politics, but listening at the sidelines could only take her so far. Eventually, Wynn would always end up entangled in some assignment that was, in fact, very tied up in Senate politics.

Her mission to Scipio was proving to have more adverse effects than anyone ever expected. The Chancellor seemed to take it that the two Jedi knights had saved him a great deal of grief with their discovery. He was more curious than cautious about the droid factory, which was troubling.

Seated in his chair, the Chancellor seemed at ease as he looked out on the city behind him. The Council had asked her to speak to the Chancellor regarding her and Silvia's shared findings on the Trade Federation and the Banking Clan. Silvia's encounters with Lott Dod and the Neimoidian people should have been enough to promote direct action on the part of the Senate. The recent blockade of the planet Naboo had proven their suspicions dramatically correct, and yet nothing had been done to stop it.

Wynn made her way across the obnoxious red carpet to the foot of the stairs. The only sound in the room was the soft padding of her calf-high boots.  She didn't belong in this room. That and her robes, whose blue and gray fabric looked dowdy next to the luxurious blue of the Chancellor's garments. 

"Chancellor Valorum," Wynn greeted, stepping up the stairs.

There were four evenly spaced chairs, but she didn't sit down.

He turned around, smiling jovially. Even for his faults, he was diplomatic to the last. "Master Adairi, thank you for joining me."

The Senators and the Chancellor, along with most others outside the Order, called any of the Jedi, master, out of respect once they were no longer seen as a padawan.  It was still a foreign feeling.

"Of course, Chancellor," Wynn nodded, eyes flickering to the window behind him.

"Please, do be seated," he said hastily.

Restless and on edge, sitting down sounding horrible. However, she was supposed to be representing the Council, so she sat down on the edge of the central seat. She kept her shoulders square and her feet flat on the floor to keep from tapping her foot with impatience.