024 | the bargain

━━ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

the bargain ━━━━━

━━━━━▼━━━━━

. . . MORTIS

WHEN THEY RETURNED to the surface and climbed the stairs to the top of the monastery, the Son was already waiting for them in the throne room.

He turned slowly. It seemed all darkside users had a flair for theatrics. "Sister, how nice of you to join me. And I see you've made friends."

She frowned. "What have you done, Brother?"

"Done? I have done what is right. Or, what is wrong, depending on your point of view." he sang, taking a seat on the Father's throne.

"Perhaps we should give him a seat on the Jedi Council. He will fit right in," Wynn muttered under her breath.

"That's unfair," Obi-Wan muttered back, but she still caught his lips twisting into a faint grin.

"Our father is dying," the Daughter accused. Her breath hitched, and she sounded near tears. "Did you do it?"

The Son folded his hands as if this were a paltry business meeting. "He is just so–selfish and was taking too long to die, so I decided to move things along. Now, why are you here?"

Her fists balled at her sides. "I won't let you leave this planet."

"You are not strong enough to keep me here," he said, standing up from the throne.

"Not alone, she isn't," Obi-Wan said. He moved to stand in line with the Daughter, and Wynn followed suit.

"Ah, you are referring to the inbred godchild?" he said, gesturing at Wynn. "She is nothing without the Chosen One." the Son stared out the window. "You might want to check up on him. He's a little preoccupied right now."

Obi-Wan looked between the Daughter and the Son wildly, as if either of them would provide an answer to his stare. When neither of them did, he shared one glance with Wynn and they both broke into a run, tearing down the stairs out of the throne room and through the halls.

"He's near," Wynn said.

"I can hear the shouting," Obi-Wan said with distaste.

The sound of it was only growing louder. For security, Wynn reached for her saber. As she tried to ignite it, the green light flickered away and transformed and stretched into a long, silver scepter. Both ends were as sharp as blades.