018 | fate

━━━━━ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

fate ━━━━━

━━━━━▼━━━━━

. . . GEONOSIS

𝐖𝐘𝐍𝐍 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 having strange dreams about unattainable things for months.

So often they were of the World Between Worlds, a haunting display of white lights in a dark, echoing gloom. Those dreams fueled her hunger for the place beyond time. It taunted her mercilessly.

But there were also different dreams. When she was lucky, she saw him instead of that bleak expanse, another thing she wanted but could not have for herself. She had made her choice, her allegiance was to the world running parallel to hers. Still, it didn't stop her from wanting to remain rooted in this one.

Especially now.

It was startling in its reality as he kissed her. Something small and significant in her broke and when he pulled away she had no shame to let the words loose.

"Kiss me again," she begged. The crowd was growing louder outside and the future was muddled. This was a certain thing: Wynn couldn't have dreamed up a kiss this good.

His blue eyes met hers for a second and then he kissed her again, finally letting his hand run through her hair. She tugged on the collar of his tunic and pulled him as close as she could.

The guard broke them apart and shoved them out into the light.

Wynn didn't resist as her hands were cuffed together and drawn up above her head. All around and high above the chattering Geonosian language echoed. Her heart hammered in her throat and she almost wanted to laugh at the adrenaline rush that had replaced her fear. Suddenly, she could do anything. Even chained to a column, possibility thrummed through her.

Obi-Wan was chained to the column on her left. His emotions were loud. Wynn finally turned her head to meet his eyes and she saw his plea. He wanted to explain, possibly to apologize. She wouldn't betray her focus on the situation by looking at him fully. It was so sudden how decades of almost had now become a new reality.

And Wynn found it terrifying.

A thousand questions that might never be answered raged in her mind. Why had he done it? And then foolishly, was he going to do it again?

Wynn turned away again and let her eyes fall closed. She suspected that when this was all over, as it inevitably would be, reality would come crashing in. They would both be sensible. They would forget anything had happened.