025 | family lines

━━━━ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

family lines ━━━━━

━━━━━▼━━━━━

. . . JEDI TEMPLE, CORUSCANT

THIS WAS NOT the first time Ahsoka had snuck around in the Archives.

Most of the time she was trying to sneak out, and there was a time she had gotten caught with her hand in the restricted section. And even when she wasn't doing anything wrong, Jocasta Nu had the uncanny ability to sneak up behind her and pepper her with questions. It was safe to say Ahsoka had nearly as little love for the Archives as her own master.

She had lied to Anakin that morning and said she was going to help Rex with some miscellaneous repairs. It would buy her just enough time to get in and out of the holocron vault. Padawans were restricted from entering without the presence of a Jedi Master, but Ahsoka had made a deal with Li-Mei.

It had been months since Ahsoka had been here in the high-ceilinged room. The last time had been under poor circumstances after Cad Bane had staged a theft. This time, she was able to appreciate the calm and the soft hum of ancient technology.

"You have five minutes," Silvia Mazarin, Li-Mei's Master, said quietly. She glanced behind her. "If you can't find what you're looking for, it's you who will be caught."

"I know, I know," Ahsoka muttered. It hadn't been incredibly hard to convince Silvia Mazarin to take her as far as the vault entrance. She needed someone who was a full master to erase suspicion, and it needed to be someone who wasn't going to ask too many questions. Silvia was the perfect candidate.

Hundreds of rows of glittering blue cubes greeted her. Ahsoka wracked her mind for any of the words that she had ever heard used in relation to Mortis. The Ones, World Between Worlds, Forcewielders. Her eyes roamed the shelves, trying to parse out which one would hold what she needed. The silence of the vault pressed in on her. Finally, she picked one that seemed promising and pried it out.

"You will not find what you are looking for here."

Ahsoka gasped and stumbled backwards. The holocron sailed out of her hands and would have hit the ground if it hadn't been buffeted by the Force. When she looked up, she recognized who had caught her.

Master Quinn Nallé. Jedi Seer and scarier than Jocasta Nu on a bad day. Punishments already ran through Ahsoka's mind. A day spent dusting every holocron individually. Mopping the floors until they gleamed. Dish duty in the Refectory on Nerf Sloppy night.