007 | control

━━━━━━ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

control ━━━━━━ 

━━━━━▼━━━━━

TATOOINE, ARKANIS SECTOR

𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀 𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐈𝐌𝐏𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐓 𝐃𝐀𝐘 for the people of the sand city. Everything was in chaos as the pre-race adrenaline set in. In the shipyard, racers and gamblers alike rushed back and forth prepping ships and making last-minute bets. Wynn had accidentally got in the way of a squat old man who promptly cussed her out in Huttese for getting in his path. It was almost like walking through the disgusting streets of Coruscant.

"I wanna see your spaceship the moment the race is over," Watto said greedily, rubbing his hands together as he flew along next to Qui-Gon. He was so convinced he was going to win, it was almost laughable.

Wynn walked with suspicion, keeping her attention on the quickly-moving people all around. There was something looming on the distant horizon, and she wanted to be ready when it finally decided to strike. Her attention was diverted in no less than twenty-seven directions as she caught on to the lively snippets of conversation all around her. It was difficult to hear Watto over the din of noise, and even more difficult to pay attention to the least interesting creature she had ever heard.

"Patience, my blue friend," Qui-Gon drawled, not at all phased by the Toydarian's behavior. "You'll have your winnings before the suns set, and we'll be far away from here."

"Not if your ship belongs to me, I think, ah?" Watto laughed. "I warn you, no funny business."

"You don't think Anakin can win?" Wynn butted into the conversation, putting her hand to her hip. She was growing tired of his grating, whiny voice.

"Don't get me wrong," Watto shook his head. "I have great faith in the boy. He's a credit to your race"–Watto backtracked a little, looking at Wynn with distaste–"Well, his race, not'a yours, Echani," he tisked at Wynn. "But, uh, Sebulba there is going to win, I think."

"Oh no!" Jar Jar exclaimed, looking over to where Sebulba was, relaxing near his own ship.

"And why do you think that?" Wynn shot back, even further disgusted with Watto.

He roared with nasal laughter. "He always wins! I'm betting heavily on Sebulba."

"I'll take that bet." Qui-Gon nodded.