016 | waiting in vain

━━━━━ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

waiting in vain ━━━━━

━━━━━▼━━━━━

. . . KAMINO, ABRION SECTOR

KAMINO did exist.

Wynn stared at it through the window of the G-Type light shuttle's cockpit, watching all of the shades of blue that blurred and melded together. They were still a distance away, far enough that it was no bigger than a marble. It was made of clouds and washes of rain, a crescent of light almost completely shrouded in navy shadow.

It was cramped inside the ship, a tight space meant for no more than three people and an astromech. The pilot and copilot seats were so close together, Obi-Wan's arm kept brushing against hers as he flew the ship. Neither of them were accustomed to flight in a shuttle, but it was the least conspicuous mode of transportation.

"There is it, right where it should be," Obi-Wan said with a short sigh. "Our missing planet Kamino."

"Your missing planet," Wynn corrected. The cramped seat was becoming a nuisance, and she scratched an itch above her ear. "I'm not taking ownership of the loss."

He looked over at her, opened his mouth to say something, and then seemed to think better of it. He readjusted his hands on the controls.

"What is it?" Wynn said with a little laugh, turning her body fully to face him. The knowledge that she could still see straight through him was gratifying. "You were going to say something."

He shook his head. "Now might not be a good time."

"Try me."

"I wanted to ask you about your visions. I haven't stopped thinking about the other night. I'm worried about you, Wynn."

For some reason, the words were unexpected. After all these years, he still worried. He was perhaps the only person she had left who did. "Lately the visions have been all built around decimation. Destruction, everything changing so drastically that there's no way it can possibly be fixed." She clocked his stoic expression and smiled. "Which only means they're further reaching than they should. Everything must eventually end; this is just a time in my life when the visions are too eager to show it."

He swallowed hard and the space between his brow creased in concentration. "And Eshan? You were assigned there for a long time. Has that got anything to do with the visions?"