017 | across the stars

━━━━━ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

across the stars ━━━━━

━━━━━▼━━━━━

. . . GEONOSIS AIRSPACE

𝐒𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐃𝐑𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐌 as they flew up and out of the atmosphere. Even as they entered hyperspace, not a word was spoken. Worlds away, Senate proceedings were likely underway. She had promised Elja that she would be there to offer whatever assistance was needed, and yet here she was, proving her younger sister correct by once again greeting her with nothing but an empty promise.

She could hear Elja's words so clearly. A sign that you are better off with the Jedi, perhaps.

Her thoughts were sliced in two by Obi-Wan's voice as they came out of hyperspace. "Welcome to Geonosis."

The planet's surface was marbled with shades of orange and yellow, and even from this distance, Wynn swore she could feel the heat. Around it in the balance of space hung rings of asteroids.

It didn't take long for Jango to spot them once they reached the asteroid field. R4 let out a binary warning. Seismic charges!

The first one hit in a brilliant show of blue light. Another seismic charge floated briefly before detonating with a deafening roar. Wynn, who had been standing in the narrow space behind the copilot's chair, fell flat on her back and held tight to the side wall. Obi-Wan expertly piloted the shuttle within the hollow of a large asteroid, following closely on Jango Fett's tail. It was a skeletal maze of rock on the inside.

"Behind!" Wynn shouted as they came out on the other side.

"I'm aware!" he yelled back at her. Gruffly, he muttered. "Blast, this is why I hate flying."

The barrage of ion fire didn't cease as they flew closer and closer to the surface of the rust orange planet below. It seemed their luck would hold until the shield failed. A volley of ion fire hit right where R4 was housed and the poor droid howled in high-pitched binary.

"I'm getting too old for this," Obi-Wan remarked as a heat-seeking missile was fired. "Hold on!"

The ship fell and rose, twisting around astroids and ducking back down in an attempt to lose the missile. Just when it seemed there was no way out, Wynn slammed her hand on the spare parts access hatch and released the metal scraps behind them. The missile hit and exploded in a ball of flame.