-𝗙𝗶𝗿𝗲𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗸 𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁-

After calming everything down, you speak up.

"Kenma?" Your eyes wide open, staring at him.
"Hey." His smooth, pudding-colored-hair (not me making up a word) slides off as took off his hoodie.

"Why are you here?" You shoved your bag.
"Kuroo said a firework show will be held here tonight... he begged me to watch it together." He said, crossing his arms in front of his chest.

"Oh no...The firework show is about to begin, and Kuroo is not here with us!" You freaked out.
"He'll be fine." He moved his arm and ran a hand through his hair.
"I need to text him!" You started to search for your phone.

Found it. You reach for Kuroo's contact.

Bang!

A loud noise came from the sky after a flicker of light.

It was too late. The firework show has begun.

"He'll be fine, we will find him later. Let's just enjoy the fireworks at least for now." He rested his hand on the window.
"...You're right." You leaned yourself against the window.

With the fireworks outside the window, bringing you in to forget everything. You are now deeply admiring the fireworks, admiring how wonderful and colorful they are.

And yet, sitting there, Kenma couldn't care less. He doesn't really care about the fireworks, since he's not extremely into them. He's only into one thing right now, at this moment. The only thing that could bring him true enjoyment.

You.

He's staring straight up at you. He seated his hand under his chin, smirking about how charming you look right now. He never saw this side profile of you. But he thinks it's adorable to see you in this expression.

-
"It's not like I like y/n."

"Am I?"

"Am I..? ..No."

"I'm just willing to see you smile."

"I feel pleased when you're happy."

"I know it's costly to see you smile like this."

"Could you please smile like this forever?"

"I don't want you to leave."
-

He hid his face, wanting to pretend that he wasn't looking at you just now. Because it's embarrassing after all.

As you are enjoying the view with Kenma, something in your heart felt filled up. The feeling of emptiness is gone for now.

I wonder why.

Is it because of the fireworks?

Is it because of the Ferris Wheel?

Is it because I'm high up in the sky?

Is it because I'm with...Kenma?

Possibly all of them.

The firework show finally ended. It's been an hour.

"I need to text Kuroo now. He's waiting for us." You pulled out your phone as you stepped out from the Ferris Wheel.
"I'll call him." Kenma pressed the phone in his hand.

Later, you and Kuroo met up.

"Tell me where were you going before you run away you idiot!" Kuroo clapped Kenma on the back.

"I'm sorry Kuroo! It must be exhausting of you waiting for an hour!" You passed him a tissue.
"It's okay, I know you're in danger at that time. If not, Kenma wouldn't suddenly just ran out like this." He strokes your head. "This is my first time seeing him scrambling to somebody, you're kinda important to him huh?"
"I'm sure Kenma is just trying to help me, thank you Kenma."

Kenma nodded.

"Now since the show has finished off, let's just waddle around!" Kuroo said. "By the way, why are you here y/n? Are you coming for the firework show too?"
"No. I just decided to travel around Japan. I should be in Osaka right now, but I'm stupid enough to take the wrong train."
"Oh, I see." Kuroo laughed.

Time flys. It's eleven at midnight now.

"I should go now." You stood.
"To where?" Kuroo asked.
"The hotel, it's near from here."
"...it's not safe by yourself, I can walk you." Kenma put his phone down.
"Sure, thank you again Kenma. You help me a lot this night."

On the way to the hotel, Kenma asked you something.

"When are you leaving?" Kenma shoved his hand into his pocket.
"Tomorrow, I'm going to Osaka and I hope I won't take the wrong train again." You giggled.

"Can I go with you?" Kenma mumbled.
"It's okay, you don't have to force yourself." I can go by myself.
"Can I?" He asked again.
"...sure...if it doesn't bother you.." you sighed, believing that you just make someone busy because of your own capricious again.

He gave you his address before dropping you at the hotel. He claimed that he'll be ready at around half-past three in the afternoon tomorrow, but somehow he asked you to meet him at five.