-𝗣𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗲𝗻𝗱 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗵𝗼𝗻𝗲-

You returned home after school and threw your backpack on the bunk. Then you jumped into your bed and began thinking about Fiona again and again.

There was a phone call. You sprang to your feet as soon as you realized who was calling.

With your trembling hand, you pressed the "answer" button, waiting for the person on the other side of the line to speak up.

"Y/n, is that you?"

Hearing their voice almost made you drop your phone.

"M..mom?"
"Yeah, it's me, your dear mom."

You sobbed softly, secretly wishing that your mother wouldn't hear you. After all, she hasn't called you in 7 years, you must miss her tremendously.

"Is the money delivered to you monthly?" She questioned gently.

"Yes, mother," You replied, tears still running against your cheeks.

"Don't be so formal! I'm your dear mom, y/n," she continues.

"It's just that I haven't spoken to you in a long time... It's strange talking to you, mother."

She chuckled and said, "You'll get used to it soon." "Because my business is doing so well, I gave everyone a month off."

"Mother, that's wonderful to hear."

"Just wait until I return to Japan!"

As during the phone call, you could sense her enthusiasm.

This time, you couldn't hold back your tears any longer, knowing that after such a long wait, you'd finally be able to see your mom.

"Finally, I'll be able to see my daughter/son/kid! I'm super excited!"
But then her tone changed instantly.
"I'm sorry I didn't say goodbye to you and your grandmother when I left you. I...lost myself after your father's /mother's passing."

"It's alright," you smiled. "Things had passed. Also, I'm so excited to see you too, mother."

"Have my dear y/n met new friends?" She asked.

"Yes mother, they're really nice." You replied.

"Is my dear y/n doing great in your studies?" She asked.

You hesitated. "Average."

"But did my dear y/n try your best?" She asked.

"I tried." You replied.

"Did my-"
You interrupted her. "Mother."

She stopped and said "yes?"

"When are you coming home?"

"Two days later, my dear."

"But the weather in Japan is really bad these days, are you taking an airplane?"

"Don't worry, I'm taking my private helicopter."

Wow. The business that owns a private helicopter must be extremely profitable.

"I'll return to you soon, and that's a promise, got it? Now don't be too worried about it! You should relax, y/n." She chuckled.

"Thank you, mother."

"And one more thing, have you found a boyfriend or girlfriend yet?"

Just from the other end of the line, you could picture her smirking.

Your tone became hushed, "No, mother, I haven't found anyone yet...Although, there is a boy who truly cares about me, and I also find comforting when I'm around him."

"What's his name? Where did you meet him? How old?" She kept on asking.

"His name is Kenma, he's 16, I met him when Hinata invite me to Tokyo...Why are you asking, mother?"

"Oh, just to make sure our future husband is good enough for you."

Hearing her say that, you almost throw your phone across the room. You couldn't talk as your face had gone bright red.

"Speaking of Hinata, is he still your best friend? Ahh, that was a long time ago, I couldn't remember his face. I just remember you love playing with his hair all the time."

You've realized that playing with other people's hair is one of your personal favorites. It's no wonder when helping Kenma with his hair made you feel so happy.

"I'm shocked Hinata isn't your boyfriend," she said. She shared her thoughts. "Even before, you two promised to marry each other." She burst into laughter.

"We did?" You tilted your head. " That's something I don't remember... To be honest, he cares for me all the time as well, but it just..doesn't feel the same with anyone else."

"Why not? He could have been a great boyfriend!"

"He cares for me because he cares about everyone, and he treats everyone the same way. He cares for me not because he's attracted to me romantically, but because he does the same thing to everyone else."

"You wouldn't know until you try,"

"I'm sure he has forgotten about the promise too." You giggled.

You both laugh and laugh until your mother comes up with a question.

"Oh and, how's Fiona? I'm excited to see her!"

Your smile gradually disappeared. Your eyes began to water, and your fingers began to shiver.

"She's doing wonderful!..hehe" She's currently working on her group project, and she'll be busy for the next few months, so you may not see her when you get back."

"Oh. That's alright; you can invite her and FaceTime with me whenever she's available!"

"Of course mother."

After a long conversation with your mother, she eventually ended the call, and you went to shower, finish your homework, and retire to bed.

With your hand, you covered your eyes.

Oh no. Fiona will definitely be upset at me for lying to mother.

"Sorry, Fiona, but I don't want to frustrated mother, and I don't want to inflict this accident on anyone else, again."

You looked out the wide rectangular window beside your bed and saw that it was raining heavily. You decided to go to bed before the rain stopped.