-𝗕𝘂𝘁 𝘄𝗵𝘆?-

I improved my English (I suppose)🧍

-Next morning-

When you awoke to find Kenma laying on your lap, you stood up slowly so as not to wake him.

"Seriously? School tomorrow? I wished I had more days to unwind."

Kenma was awakened by the sound of you throwing everything onto the bed to find your outfit.

Kenma stretched himself out and yawned, "good morning."
He rolled over on his back.

"Sorry, did I wake you up?" You shifted your gaze to him.
"No, not at all." He rolled over again, his body wrapped in the blanket.

"You better get yourself up before I leave you here alone" you joke.

He threw off the blanket and looked for his phone. He yanked the pillow and grabbed his cell.

A message popped up on your phone, and you picked it up despite the fact that your arm was completely stuffed with clothes and other items.

07:30 am                                                          99%
———————————————————————
< (15) Fiona
———————————————————————
Heyyy bestie,
glad to see you tomorrow

I wish we could have more time tho

Oh, silly silly who doesn't?
So, what're you up to now?

I'm with a friend now, nothing special

Boy or girl👀??

Does it matter? Oh well, a boy

AHHH MY BESTIE GOT TO HANG OUT
WITH A BOYYYY, How's he? ;)

Chill, we're no more than friends

Bet😩 got any photos?

Wait a minute

———————————————————————————————————————————————

You snuck a shot of Kenma, who is still dozing off on the bunk. Just then, you sent it to Fiona, but she didn't text back.

"Hm, she usually texts back as soon as she saw my text," You keep on packing.

-After preparing-

"Ready to go?" You gave a friendly smile.
Kenma gave a nod.

You closed the door as soon as Kenma trundled out.

"So, do you have anything planned for today?" Kenma asked.
As you crossed your arm, you responded, "I'm still thinking about it...Since tomorrow is the school we should play something a little less crazy."
"No objection."

But then you got a call, it was Fiona. You answered the phone.

"Hello? Fiona?"

"Is this y/n?"
The person who's speaking doesn't sound like Fiona at all. She sounded like a twenty-year-old woman, and her rapid breathing could be heard distinctly over the phone.

"Hello, this is me, and May I inquire as to who you are? Could you tell me why you're using my friend's phone?" You inquired.

For an instant, you didn't expect what's she's going to say. You started to run out of stream and almost dropped your phone.

"No time to explain, but your friend just got into a car accident."

The only line you could hear was this. You wanted to scream as loudly as you could for help.

"I...I need to return to Iwate right now..please accept my apology." You sniffed.
"Is there something wrong?" Kenma gave you a look.
"Don't worry... I can handle this." You turned around and ran away.
"Wait y/n!!" Kenma yelled.

Tears run down your cheek as you try not to panic. You dropped your backpack on the ground. With trembling hands, you kneeled and attempted to pick up the backpack.

"Y/n!" Kenma has caught up to you.
You couldn't hold back the tears and they poured out.

"Can you tell me what happened?" Kenma slowly knelt in front of you.
"My friend got into a car accident...she is the only friend who has stood by my side since I was born.." Uncontrollable tears are streaming down your face.

"I'll go with you." He held your hand, pulling you up.

On the train, you couldn't help but be concerned about your friend. The more you think about what happened to her, the more tears welled up in your eyes.

-In Iwate-

you called Fiona several times after getting off the train, and eventually, someone replied.

"Hello? This is Fiona's friend. Please inform me of Fiona's whereabouts." You spoke in a hurry.
"XXX hospital, please hurry."

Since the doctor assumed you are Fiona's friend, they casually spilled the hospital name.

You and Kenma rushed to the hospital where the doctor informed. When you arrived, Fiona was lying on a white square-shaped bed beside a heart rate monitor. Her heartbeats are very slow. She was barely visible through the glass.

"Could we go in?" You wanted to cry.
"One person per time." The nurse replied.
"Go ahead." Kenma pushed you. "Go see your friend."

You rushed into the room and sat beside the bed and held her hand.

"I'm sorry it's entirely my fault...I shouldn't message you while you're in a car.." you cried out, " If I didn't text you, you will be able to prepare for any accident..."

"I beg you...Please don't leave me...You're my dearest friend I could ask for...at the very least, stick with me till I have found a boy/girlfriend..." you clasped her hand.

Be prepared for the next chapter my fellow readers🥰 I'm not the best at writing angst but I'll give it my all!!!

I know it came out of nowhere, But I'm a sucker for plot twists like these🧍