5. Late Night Pillow Fight

Prompt: Dream Team as roommates

TW: None

~

It was seriously late at night, quiet except for the gentle hum of the TV speakers. George was in the living room, snuggled in a blanket as he watched a movie, his sleep schedule as existent as the promised Vlog. As the antagonist introduces himself onscreen, Dream walks in, weary from last minute editing. He isn't surprised to find the older awake and sprawls himself beside George, his legs propped on the other's lap and his head on the armrest. George doesn't react to his roommate's actions, nonchalantly asking him a question as he continues to look at the screen.

'How was editing?'

'It was okay,' comes the reply, Dream's tired eyes staring at the ceiling with little purpose. 'It's insane that we played for, like, 5 hours. I had so much to cut out.'

George snorts in amusement. 'Well, Sapnap did say a lot of sus stuff.'

Dream chuckles with him. 'Yeah. Remember what he said at the temple?' Dream raises his voice, mocking his friend who wasn't here to defend himself. ' "It's so big. I think I might sceam-" '

'Do not continue. I do not want to hear those words ever again,' George interrupts, cringing at the memory, turning his attention back to the screen. The boy onscreen sits on a bench, staring at the beautiful sunset over the land. 

Dream notices George's thoughtful face, looking at the screen as well. 'Do you plan on sleeping tonight?'

Humming, he thinks. 'I mean, eventually. Why?'

'You should get your colourblind glasses and we can watch dawn. It's really cool, trust me.'

George stays quiet, continuing to watch the movie. Another boy had entered the scene with a happy smile. He takes the spot beside the other, who is unfazed by the brown-haired boy's presence. However, he isn't bothered by this and puts a disc in the jukebox, making the blonde smile slightly.

'You know I can see the colours of dawn, right? Well, kinda...'

'You know I can you colourblind glasses, anyways. Don't wanna brag but I am a millionaire.'

George just rolls his eyes.

There's a creak of a door and both George and Dream turn around to face the hallway. From the shadows, Sapnap emerges, his grey blanket draped over his shoulders as he rubs his eye sleepily.

'Can you guys shut the hell up, I'm trying to sleep.'

'Sorry Sap.'

Dream chuckles as Sapnap frowns, looking at the screen. George, who was fixated on the movie, shifts over the sofa to let the youngest sit on the other side.

'Nah, it's okay,' he says blearily, walking into the kitchen. Over the noise of the TV, they hear the opening of cupboards and the shifting of plastic or paper. The microwave begins to beep, indicating that Sapnap was making a snack.

'I thought you were trying to sleep?' Dream yells gently.

'Well, now I wanna watch a movie, sue me.'

Dream rolls his eyes, taking out his phone. The light shines and he squints at the sudden shift of brightness. The smiling faces of him and his friends greet him, the time 03:52 bore onto the screen. The photo was from the day the trio had moved in together. He remembers it clearly like telling apart white from black. Dream had been the first to arrive, wanting to call dibs on the first bedroom and to prank Sapnap. He had trapped the front door with tape, catching Sapnap like a fly in a web. George had arrived during their shouting match and threatened to walk back out again. Like friends do, they ended up laughing and taking silly photos. There's a ball of cellotape in George's hair whilst Sapnap posed in the other's clout goggles. Dream had covered his mouth with his hand, but it was clear from his glittering green eyes that he was smiling. Grinning at the memory, Dream punches in his passcode and begins scrolling through Twitter, liking, and commenting on some of his fans stuff. After a moment of silence, the microwave begins beeping. Sapnap's quick to open it and goes through the cupboards again, coming back into the living room, a bowl of popcorn in his hands. George's concentration is broken as his eyes followed Sapnap sat on the floor. Nobody questioned why he refused the offer to sit on the comfortable couch but Sapnap met Dream's level amount of weird.

Almost.

Sapnap finally notices George's gaze and chuckles. 'There are two more bowls in the kitchen for you and Dream.'

George scurries to retrieve the bowls and when he returns, the three become engaged in the movie. Occasionally, they would let a comment or two about the characters or the plot but sometime during the film, Dream finished his share of popcorn. In his head, he does that disappointing 'oh'. He notices Sapnap's also empty bowl but sees that George has a good amount of popcorn left. He tries to sneakily take a handful but, unfortunately, he is spotted.

'Hey! Why?!' George exclaims. 'You had your own!'

'But I want moooore,' Dream whines jokingly, attempting to snag some more.

'Oh my God, be quiet!' Sapnap says, but he isn't really bothered. If anything, he just wanted to watch a movie. They don't listen and Sapnap sighs, pausing the film and heading into the kitchen for a drink.

George stands up abruptly. With Dream's legs still propped onto his, Dream topples onto the floor, groaning. The British male laughs and places his bowl on the armchair. He swiftly grabs the cushion and throws it at Dream, smacking his face as he was getting up. After a split second of his brain processing what had happened, his face breaks into a grin, grabbing the fallen cushion.

'You're on.'

Dream gets on his feet and George braces himself, running behind the armchair, but the blonde runs away altogether, and the shorter grows confused. He follows Dream to his bedroom and opens the ajar door to be greeted with a pillow to the face. George shrieks and retreats into the empty living room, hiding behind the coffee table. He grins, his heart thumping as he hears Dream enter the room.

'Oh George~' Dream cooes softly, his footsteps growing closer. George takes his opportunity and jumps up, ready to attack but not ready to defend. He is immediately smacked with a pillow across the face and Dream laughs. George chuckles, throwing his pillow at him as revenge.

The two continue to fight and when Sapnap emerges from the kitchen, he discovers that the two had turned their living room into a battleground. They owned a different side with the furniture as their defenses. He stops dead in his tracks when he sees them, face-palming. They begin shouting excitedly.

'Sapnap! need you to join my team!'

'No no no, don't join him. I'm better. I'll buy you... I'll give you 10 gifted subs-'

'I'll give you 20!'

'Okay, Number 1, I WILL NOT join anybody in some game of pillow-fighting after you guys woke me up and stopped me watching a movie. Number 2, keep raising the gifted subs and I'll consider it.'

Dream and George look at one another from across the room and mutually agree on their unspoken plan.

'Sapnap, I'm afraid that is the wrong answer.'

George stands up, picking up his blue pillow. Dream walks over beside him, green pillow in hand.

'Wha-'

The two older males begin to pelt Sapnap with their pillows, sparing no mercy as they fight the youngest of the three. He shrieks, covering his face as he backs up into the wall.

'OH MY GOD, STOP!' He somehow breaks free and rushes to his room, grabbing his white pillow, trying to fight fire with fire- well, pillow with pillow.

The three brawl, moving from room to room, laughing and yelling as if they were all 12-year-olds again. Half an hour later, they are back in the living room, laughing uncontrollably. Every time they tried to stop, they look at one another and burst into fits of the giggles. When they finally catch their breath, they chat as their heartbeats return to normal, the movie long is forgotten.

~

Words: 1337

Published: 20.01.2021