9. Attention

Requested by: TheOneAndOnlyMangle

Prompt: Spifelk, fluff, "Spifey is caught up in recordings and Zelk just wants him to turn off the computer and pay attention to him"

~

'NO, SPIFEY, DAB, NOT RUB!' Finn yells into the headphones, though he isn't actually angry. He's just playing it up for the audience.

Spifey, beauty blender in hand, stops, staring at the screen at where his friend is on call with him. 'Dab? Yeah, I can do that, I can dab.' He raises both his arms and awkwardly covers his face with one and stretching the other in the same direction. Spifey instantly feels regret doing something as dumb as dabbing in 2021 but he knows his audience would love it, laughing it off while covering his face.

Zelkam, who was is his bedroom, was listening to his boyfriend as he tries, yet again, to record. He's noticed that Spifey had been making video after video all week, taking very little breaks. Honestly, Zelkam missed some of the attention the British male had been giving to his work instead. His face goes red slightly from both the embarrassment of thinking such a thing and shame for being selfish of wanting attention.

From the recording room, Zelkam hears his boyfriend's cute chuckle, and sighs. He pushes himself off of the bed and patters down the hallway. Knowing that Spifey's microphone would probably pick up on any knocking and could ruin the recording, he slowly opens the door instead, and slips in. Spifey's back was towards him, headphones on as he talks to the crossdresser on Discord. His headphones were noise-cancelling, blissfully unaware of his boyfriend's presence as he continues to joke about.

'My hands! My hands, they won't stop shaking,' he exclaims, showing them to the camera, which Zelkam cannot be seen. His thin, gentle fingers are, indeed, shaking, but he laughs silverly. That's one thing that Zelkam loves about his boyfriend. Spifey would chuckle at anything, be it to cover up nervousness or when he can't form sentences or other. His laugh always warmed Zelkam's heart.

The American takes out his phone and records his boyfriend slightly as he pulls faces into the mirror in attempt to contour. Saving it with the text "a pretty boy is trying to make himself prettier, I'll probably faint from an overdose of pretty", he pockets his phone and takes his chance to walk over to the back of Spifey's chair, loosely wrapping his arms around his neck. The British male jumps, yelling out in surprise.

'Oh my gosh- Zelk! You scared me!'

'Hey Zelk!' comes Finn's very muffled voice from Spifey's headphones. 'Tell him we're recording, Geo.'

'We're recording, Zelk. I'll see you when we're finished, okay?'

'Yeahhhh, no, you need to rest.' Before Spifey can argue, Zelkam takes off his headphones and places it them by his own ears. 'Hey, Finn, I'm gonna steal my boyfriend for the day, sorry if I ruined anything.'

'No no, it's okay, we can always reschedule. I'll see you later, have fun!'

'Thanks Finn, bye!'

Zelkam hangs up the Discord call, much to Spifey's retaliation. The American puts the headphones on the desk before continuing to shut down his computer and any recording equipment.

'Zelk- what are you doing?!'

'Helping you.'

'I need that- Zelk!'

Zelkam takes his boyfriend's hand and pulls him away from the recording room. Slightly defeated and slightly curious, Spifey follows silently. He watches as the shorter makes a point of locking the door and puts the key into his pocket. Zelkam notices and scoffs.

'Don't look at my ass.'

'Why? It's nice.'

Zelkam takes his hand again and leads him down the stairs. Spifey can't help but smile at his boyfriend's cuteness. They end up in the sitting room. Zelkam makes Spifey sit on the couch and starts sorting through Netflix in search of their favourite movie.

'Jake, what's all this about-?'

'Shut up and relax.'

Zelkam scurries off and Spifey rolls his eyes, but leans back and begins watching it. He hears the microwave being set and footsteps running up the stairs. Moments later, the footsteps come back down. Spifey turns around and sees Zelkam holding his favourite hoodie. He hands it to him with a warm smile.

'Put this on.'

'Now you wanna see me naked?'

'GEORGE.'

Spifey bursts out laughing. Zelkam turns red and scrunches his nose up in irritation.

'You're lucky I love you.'

'I'm very lucky,' Spifey smiles. Zelkam can't help but return it, bending down to peck his boyfriend on the lips. He goes away once more to the beeping microwave before returning with a bag of steaming popcorn and a towel. A salty scent fills the room and Spifey smiles, changing into the hoodie. He inhales and smells his boyfriend's cologne that had been sprayed onto the material.

Zelkam sits beside him and throws a blanket onto their laps. After handing the taller the popcorn, he carefully moves his chin to face him. Bringing the damp rag to Spifey's face, Zelkam gently wipes away the makeup. Spifey is compliant, silently watching his boyfriend's concentrated face in a daze. He was so happy to have gotten a loving and amazing boyfriend, praising whatever God to have given an angel. Zelkam catches his gaze and boops his nose. Spifey sticks out his tongue in response but frowns when Zelkam pulls away, missing the contact. 

Zelkam chuckles at his expression, reassuring him. 'I'll be back, just putting the towel in the laundry bin.'

When he returns, they snuggle up and get comfortable as they watch the movie. Popcorn is eaten, laughs are shared, and kisses are exchanged. Spifey begins to relax before catching the time on the clock on the wall.

'Zelk,' he whispers. 'I need to upload my video.'

'Nuh-uh, your viewers can handle no upload for one day.' Zelkam pulls him in for another kiss. He smiles slightly, almost triumphantly, when Spifey leans into it, his hands on his waist. Slowly, they trail lower and find themselves on Zelkam's ass. Then, he catches onto Spifey's plan.

Pulling away to see Spifey's pouting face, he raises an eyebrow. 'You aren't getting the keys.'

'Please?'

Any other time, Zelkam could've given in to the pleading tone and cute face, but he knew that it was best to keep him away from his work for a moment. 'Nope. Just relax, Geo.' Zelkam lays his head onto his boyfriend's shoulder, looking up into his soft hazel eyes. 'And if you move, I won't be comfortable anymore. Don't make me sad, Geo.'

It was obviously a joke but the taller couldn't help but melt. Spifey sighs, finally giving in. He kisses his forehead before watching the movie again. He does soon forget about the rest of the world, enjoying the time to himself.

'Jacob, it's your favourite part,' Spifey whispers excitedly, later into the night. When there's no reply, he glances down and smiles softly. Zelkam's eyes are shut, breathing quietly as he leans on his shoulder. Spifey, carefully, moves him so his head is on his lap, covering him snuggly in the blanket. He stirs but just turns to his chest, peaceful. Spifey switches the TV off and gets himself comfortable too. After a couple moments stroking his boyfriend's hair absentmindedly, he falls into slumber.

Maybe taking some time off was okay.

~

Words: 1193

Published: 01.03.2021

Leave requests here or DM me with one :)