OUT !

You were enjoying the festival with Kai. Because it is the last day, this day is more crowded and busier. Sometimes you met with students from other school that you know.

“This is so crowded.” You complained, It really made you so hot.

“Let’s go there,” Kai pointed to the park, It was more quiet.

You nodded and both of you walked over there. You sat down at a bench and wagged your hand towards your face.

“Ugh!” You groaned and do not stop to complain. Kai chuckled and ruffled your hair, “Stop to complain, Summer has come!”

You pouted, “Winter is the best.”

He laughed and pressed a cold drink to your cheek so feeling better. You chuckled and took it from his hand, “This is better,” You said, both of you laughed. He sat down next to you and held your hand as he squeezed it. “Today, I will out of that stupid gang.” He smiled at you.

Your eyes widened in surprise, “Are you serious?”

He firmly nodded, “Their boss is coming today, It would be better if I just asked out of their boss.”

“But… You will…” You bit your bottom lips, looking at him with a worried look. “In danger?” He guessed and you nodded. He smiled a little, “I told you, right? I will be fine. You don’t need to worry about me.”

“I can’t!” You yelled. Made he surprised a little. “I keep thinking about it. What if they shoot you? Kill you? They are a gangster!”

“I know, babe. You’re right, they probably will do that to me and—“ “THAT’S WHAT I SAID!” You with a spontaneous stood of your seat.

He told you to calm down and you sat again on the bench. He squeezed your shoulder, “But I can look after myself.”

“It is not enough to remove my worries!” You shot him a look.

He softened and smiled slightly, “Did not you tell me to out?” You didn’t answer, just shut your mouth as you crossed your arms. “This is the right time.” He said.

Both of you are silent long enough. Until at least the sound of his cell phone made you surprised at the same time. He nervously pulled out his phone and was surprised by the name on the phone screen. You looked at him in puzzlement, he put his finger on the lips, gave a sign for you to remain silent.

He answered the phone and put it in his ear, he didn’t answer and just silent. You looked at him nervously, It was them or maybe their boss.

“…Yes, I understand.” Kai finally spoke. He put his phone back into his pocket. You looked at him, “Are you going?” You asked with a worried look.

He nodded and rubbed your head, “I will be fine, Jiwoo. Don’t look at me like that.”

You hesintanly nodded. He softened and stretched out his arms, “Come here, Let me hug you.” You didn’t answer and obeyed him. You walked over to him and hugged him tightly. “Tomorrow… I want to eat ice cream.” You mumbled.

He chuckled and released you, “I copy it,” He ruffled your hair, kissed your forehead and ran away.

You looked at him in confusion, *Silly, Kai. I hope you will be fine…*

***

Kai had reached at their place. He took a deep breath and entered the place. It is a place that is dormant and not used anymore. Remember Heejun? A guy who collect the debt in the dukbokki place at that time. He was who called Kai and said that their boss has come. Yes, this is the right time for Kai.

“Oh, Kai! You finally came!” Heejun immediately embraced Kai and bring him towards their boss. Kai bowed slowly, no expression.

“How are you, Kai?” Their boss asked.

“It is always bad every time I see you.” Kai bodly replied. Made the rest of the gangsters widened their eyes. Heejun glared at him, he turned to their boss and laughed nervously, “He was just kidding, boss!” He said.

“I like his joke.” Their boss stood up of his seat and walked towards Kai. He patted his shoulder, “You are very brave. I know, I was never wrong.” He smirked and walked towards the door with two men in black behind him.

Kai spun around, “I want out.” Kai said, made everyone gasped and looked at him. Including their boss. He stared at Kai, Kai took a deep breath again and spoke, “I’m tired, I want to live a normal life like my friends. I do not want to join you again, Let me out. I’m still—“ “What are you talking about, Kai?” He smirked and walked over to Kai again. “You don’t forget with Park Seunghyun’s debts, do you?”

Kai shut his eyes and opened it as he stared at him, “I do. I will work to pay his debts. After all, we still often paid to you. Then why did you—“ “SHUT THE HELL UP, KIDDO!!” He snapped and pulled Kai’s collar. “Are you tired of life?!”

Kai didn’t answer and suddenly he remembered you. With bold, Kai pushed him to fall to the ground. Made two of his ‘tail’ immediately pulled both of Kai’s hand. Heejun just silent and crossed his arms. *Silly kid.*

“Give him a lesson.” Their boss said after one of his men helped him to stand. They nodded and began to punch or kick Kai.

Kai could not resist, blood flowing from his nose and lips. After Kai looks helpless, they keep Kai supined on the floor.

“Do still want to out?” Their boss asked as he smirked.

Kai helped himself to stand and wiped his blood. He glared at his mens and blew a punch to them. This time, he was totally against them. He was thinking about you, he really wanted to out.

“Fuck you, Kid!” His men kicked Kai, Made Kai’s body hit the wall.

Kai winced in pain and sank on the ground. “What will we do to him, boss?” His men asked. “Shoot him, He is no longer useful.” Their boss with a casual watched it. As if it was a drama.

His men smirked and preparing his gun. Kai was breathing. He’s thinking about, Is he going to die now? Leave you? He is not ready for it all. He did not want to lose you and do not want to leave you. He wanted to fight back but his strength was gone. He remembered that you want to eat ice cream tomorrow, he chuckled and slowly stood up. *I will buy you ice cream tomorrow, Jiwoo…*

He kicked the man’s hand, so his gun fell to the ground. That guy’s eyes widened, “You still haven’t given up? You really want to die!”

“Never! Until I get out safely!” Kai snapped as he cast a blow to his face.

DORRR!!

“STOP UP THERE!!”

“JONGIN!!”

Kai sighed in relief as he saw the polices entered the place with Park Seunghyun, his noona’s boyfriend. He sank on the floor and completely exhausted.

“Jongin! Jongin! Are you okay?!” Seunghyun panicked as he shook Kai’s body.

Kai slowly closed his eyes, *I have been out, Jiwoo.. I managed to… No, we were successful.*

“Jongin! Hey, Jongin!!”

Kai can’t see anything else at that time, everything is dark.