RECOGNiTiON

The last day of the sports festival is the busiest day for you. As organizers of the event, of course you will be busier than usual. Your friends were enjoying the festival, while you? Again and again confined to the works as a member of the student council.

You stretched out your arm and yawned. It has been 2 hours you stuck in this room with your works. AND alone. You looked at your cell phone and then put it back. You also really want to enjoy the festival. Sometimes you’re regret to be a member of the student council.

“Busy?” A voice entered the room. You quickly turned toward the door and saw Kai stood there with two bottles of cold drink.

“Kai!” You beamed, he walked over to you and gave you a bottle. “Here, This will make you more comfortable in hot weather.”

You giggled and cheerfully took it and drank it. “Your works are still a lot huh?” Kai asked, he took a chair and sat down in front of you.

You nodded grimly, “I’m exhausted, but because you are here, I haven’t tired anymore!” You smiled widely.

He chuckled and pinched your cheek, “Fighting! I’ll wait here until you finish.”

“Thanks.” You giggled and went back to do your works.

Kai waited for you patiently. Sometimes you do your works seriously and sometimes you joke with him. Due to the presence of him, don’t feel your works done faster. He really helped you, at least he makes you not bored and not alone.

“Done!” You shouted as you stretched out your hands up. You stood up from your chair, walked to Kai and pulled his hand, “Let’s enjoy the festival! Today It is the last day!”

“Waaa, calm down babe! Just take a rest for a minutes, okay?” He ruffled your hair.

You shook your head, “I’m not tired, I want it right now. Come on!” You pulled him toward the door.

He chuckled, “Why are you really in a hurry?”

“I missed you! Lately you are always busy with your business that I don’t like!” You gave him a serious look with your crossed arms.

He smiled slightly and stroked your cheek, “Mianhae…. Well, come on.” You smiled, both of you walked out of the room.

***

Baekhyun nervously walked to your class. He was really determined will tell Chanyeol, that he loved you. He had got at your class, he peeked inside and saw Chanyeol was busy. He was hesitant to call him.

Two girls noticed him, they giggled and shyly walked toward Baekhyun.

“Hi, Baekhyun!” They greeted him shyly.

Baekhyun smiled, “Hi, girls.”

They looked at each other and giggled again, one of them spoke, “You are looking for who? Jiwoo or Chanyeol?”

Baekhyun rubbed the back of his neck as he glanced at Chanyeol, “Actually, I was looking for Chanyeol. But seemed he was busy…”

“It’s okay, He isn’t too busy.” One of them smiled, she turned to Chanyeol and shouted, “CHANYEOL! BAEKHYUN IS HERE!!”

Chanyeol immediately looked up and waved at Baekhyun. He ran over to Baekhyun as the two girls left. “What are you doing here, Byun?’ Chanyeol asked as he wiped away his sweat.

“Um…..” Baekhyun looked in doubt. “I want to tell something to you…” He nervously said.

“What is it?” Chanyeol raised an eyebrow.

“Not here, follow me.” Baekhyun walked away. Bewildered, Chanyeol followed him and the two of them walked toward the roof.

“What is it, Byun? Seem very serious.” Chanyeol said after they had reached the roof.

Baekhyun sighed, Actually he is still hesitant to say that to Chanyeol. He is afraid that Chanyeol will be angry and their friendship will be ruined. But the more he’s afraid of the truth is, if Chanyeol also love you. He didn’t want that to happen.

“Baekhyun?” Chanyeol made him starled and his mind disappeared. He nervously turned around, looked at Chanyeol. Chanyeol tilted his head and crossed his arms, “Please, Byun. Don’t make me curious.”

“I loved Jiwoo, has been a long time.” Baekhyun immediately said.

Chanyeol didn’t answer. He actually already knew that, but this recognition made him shocked. He didn’t expect Baekhyun would say that, he thought… This secret no one will know except their own self.

“I know, She already had Kai. But I will not give up and I will not ruin their relationship…” He seriously said, “I can’t hide it anymore. I thought you should know about this..” He added.

“And… You don’t have the same feelings, right?” Baekhyun slowly looked at Chanyeol.

Chanyeol clenched his fist. Yes, He also loved you so much and it has been a very long time. He also can no longer hide it all, but Because of Baekhyun… and for your friendship. He didn’t want to ruin it, and he didn’t want to compete with Baekhyun, his bestfriend.

“…. I loved her,” Chanyeol said, made Baekhyun looked at him in disbelief. “As a sister,” Chanyeol continued as a smile appeared in his face. Baekhyun sighed in relief, he smiled slightly.

“Is it okay if I loved her?” Baekhyun asked as he lowered his head.

Chanyeol smiled a little, he walked over to Baekhyun and rubbed his shoulder. “Of course it doesn’t matter. As long as you don’t ruin her relationship with Kai.”

“Of course I would not do that, I will wait for her…” Baekhyun sheepishly said.

Chanyeol smiled slightly, until when he had to pretend anymore? Now, he is doing this for who? *For our friendship, our friendship.* Chanyeol kept thinking that without released the smile on his face. “Ever since… Since when did you begin to love her?” He nervously asked.

Baekhyun smiled, “Since our Junior high school, at that time.. We were still in the first half.” He replied and continued, “I don’t know since when, I no longer see her as a bestfriend. I began to see her as a girl, who grew into a beautiful girl. And she also always care to us… Since then, I really began to love her. I don’t like there’s a guy who tease her, I want to protect her from anyone who hurt her and I don’t want to see her cry.”

*The exact same reasons as mine.* Chanyeol nodded in understanding. He also didn’t want to see you crying, suffering, and pain. He wants to make you happy and always smiling, because the smile is the most suitable for you.

“Actually Chanyeol, I’m afraid that you also love her.” He chuckled and turned to Chanyeol, “Because I felt you are the most serious rival, instead of Kai.”

Chanyeol chuckled and looked down at people who are enjoying the festival. “Chanyeol… I hope you understand what I mean.” Baekhyun said.

“… I know, I understand that.” Chanyeol replied without looking at him. *This is more complicated, what should I do now?*