Chapter 16

The boys ran for about 5 more minutes until it started raining. Richie gasped as the rain poured down and Eddie shivered as the cold water fell on his skin. The boys ran into Bill's house and Miss.Denbrough was in the kitchen cooking. Mr.Denbrough was at work and Georgie was sleeping in his room. The small boys ran in, soaking wet, and into the kitchen. "Well what on earth happened here?!" Mrs.Denbrough exclaimed with hands on her hips and looking down at the kids. "It rain!" Richie said, "s-so many r-rain mama!" Bill exclaimed "my mommy said if i stay in rain, I get sick!" Eddie said in a nervous voice, "you be fine Ed's! Now quiet!" Stan said, obviously mad. "I wet and cold Mrs.D!" Stan said in a diva tone and crossed his arms. "C-Can we have h-hot c-coco mama?!" Bill asked excitedly. "Alright alright! Calm down you 4!" Mrs.Denbrough said laughing softly and comfortingly. "I'll call your parents and we can make hot chocolate and have a sleepover!" she said smiling. The boys lit up and a wave of "Yes!"s and "please!"s filled the room. Mrs.D put a finger to her mouth and let out a "shh". She gestured to Georgie's room. His door was cracked and you could see the 1 year old in his crib sleeping. The boys gasped and covered their mouths. Bill looked ashamed. She smiled lightly at their reactions. She closed Georgie's door and walked into the living room and put a movie in. She set 4 blankets out and walked back into the kitchen and found the boys sitting on the floor. Bill and Stan were tiredly talking, yawning with every sentence. Richie and Eddie were falling asleep. She giggled and helped the boys up, and walked them to the carpeted living room floor and handed them blankets and walked out to ring their parents. Bill and Stan watched the movie before dozing off. Richie and Eddie had been sat next to each other and had started falling asleep. They started leaning on each other and initially fell asleep shoulder to shoulder.

1989...

Richie woke up and the sun hit his face. He squinted and covered his eyes with his arm. He reached for his glasses and that's when he realized Eddie had been asleep, laying on him the entire time. He quietly gasped and looked at him. He looked so peaceful. Eddie slowly opened his eyes and almost fell into the pond when he saw Richie. Richie choked a little at Eddie's reaction and laughed. Eddie covered his blushing face and internally screamed. Richie laughed even harder. "What's so f-FUCKING funny Richard?!" Eddie said flustered. He was about as red as a rose by now. Richie shrugged and continued laughing. Eddie let out a huff and attempted to push him in the pond. He missed Richie's shoulder and flew forward into the pond. Richie gasped and looked at the waters. Eddie hadn't popped up yet... and bubbles came from the water. "EDDIE?!" Richie yelled out. Eddie swam up and gasped for air. "You bitch!" Eddie screamed and swam to the edge where Richie stood. Richie sighed in relief and sat down. He helped Eddie climb back up and giggled. Eddie punched his shoulder and groaned. "Beep Beep Richard!" Eddie exclaimed in aggravation and rolled his eyes. "You little shit! That hurt!" Richie said, holding his shoulder and started laughing again. "Oh my god Richie!" Eddie exclaimed, throwing his hands up. "What?! I thought I was amusing you Eddie Spaghetti!" Richie said, trying to hold back laughing. "Don't call me Eddie Spaghetti!" Eddie shot back. Richie shrugged and giggled a bit. Eddie was soaked in water and freezing. He let out a shiver and held his shoulders... "cold Eds?" Richie said, taking notice to the distress Eddie was in. "Yes Richie! You threw me in freezing cold water! Yes I'm cold Richie..." Eddie exclaimed and looked down. Richie looked at him and hesitated. He picked his shirt up and handed it to Eddie. "Here... see if this helps" Richie said, offering the shirt. Eddie looked at Richie and shirt. "You sure?" Eddie said looking at Richie, confused by his sweet gesture. "Yeah! Here..." Richie said sitting next to him and handing him the shirt. Eddie smiled softly and put it on... it was really big on him but Eddie really liked it...