Chapter 5

"What? The arcade? Anywhere but the arcade!" Eddie said in a pouty voice. Richie looked at him in astonishment. "You dare disrespect the arcade?! The one and only saving grace in this town?!" Richie said dramatically in a southern voice. Eddie looked at him with a pouty face and went on about how "it is a power house for germs" and how "sweaty teens walk in and make the machines smell weird". Richie zoned out not wanting to listen to Eddie rant on about why the arcade is terrible and stoped him in the middle of his sentence. "Eddie, please. You're over reacting! We're basically teenagers now! It's in our blood to be rebellious! Live a little Eds" Richie said. Eddie threw his hands up then crossed them. "Richie! I'm not going!" "You're going" "NO IM NOT IM- " Richie caught him off guard and picked him up princess style. "RICHIE PUT ME DOWN! PUT ME DOWN!" Eddie said screaming and slapping him. Richie ignored his pleads and started swinging him around. While Eddie screamed and Richie laughed. While swinging the boy around, he tripped. With Eddie in his hands, he tripped. He fell down, dropping him, and as Eddie whimpered in pain. Richie was debating how to not commit to aliveness. He looked at the boy in front of him and guilt punched him in the gut. Eddie fell from Richie's hand and fell on his back on the hard floor. He whimpered in pain and rubbed his back. Richie feeling bad didn't know what to do so he did the only thing he could. He said "sorry" but Eddie couldn't hear him. He was to distracted by the pain. So Richie did something he regretted then but wouldn't now. He hugged the small whimpering boy. Eddie was caught off guard and just sat there. They both stayed exactly where they were and silence hit. "I'm sorry Eds" Richie said softly. Eddie was caught off guard and guilt weighed on Eddie's shoulders. He was fine. Nothing was broken and nothing was sprained, but Eddie made him feel bad. "Richie I'm fine. Don't make a big deal about it." Eddie said without thinking and the feeling of Richie letting go of him and the sight of him cover his face saying sorry really topped it off for him. Eddie knew the only way to even it out was to do the same... he had to hug Richie back. He wanted to but hesitated. He looked at Richie and took a deep breath. He looked at him and hugged him. Richie blushed and softly started to hug back. Eddie blushed at his reaction and pushed away. "S-shit Richie. We're making a big deal out of this..." Eddie said smiling and blushing. Richie looked at him and said "well you make a big deal out of everything so might as well." Both the boys looked at each other and started laughing.