Chapter 9

"Wow..." Richie said. Eddie blew the hair from his face and smiled at Richie. Richie turned to Eddie and a huge smile grew on his face. "Holy shit Stanley..." Bill said as Stan walked out with him, leaving Conner in the dust. "Well," Beverly said, pulling out and putting in between her lips a cigarette, "i say we go celebrate! Who's up for some food at the diner down town!" she said litting the cigarette. The whole Losers Club raised their hands. "I don't where we go, but we have to haul ass! Bowers is gonna come looking for us!" Stan said, pointing to Conner. The Losers Club all got on their bikes, Eddie got on the handles of Richie's bike, and they peddled as fast as they could. "Let's beat them and take a shortcut!" Richie said as he turned down another street then the others. "Don't get us lost! You always get lost trying to take a shortcut Richie!" Eddie said. Richie laughed and continued to take the "shortcut". They came to a stop after a couple of turns. "Uhh... good news, bad news..." Richie said nervously. "Its not news that were lost... but good try." Eddie said as he hoped off, while Richie did the same. "Well... guess we're not eating today..." Eddie said sitting down on the ground. Richie sat next to him. "Sorry Eds! Its not my fault!" Richie said. "Except it is, you drove, you took the shortcut, you didn't listen to me-" Eddie was cut off by Richie. "I get it!" Richie said laughing. Eddie looked at him and rolled his eyes. Eddie crossed his arms. The Losers Club found them and they followed them back to the diner. It was around noon by time after they had eaten and started to bike away. Richie dropped Eddie off and biked to his house. When he went in, scared of what awaited him behind his front door, he walked in. There was glass on the floor and his mom yelling at his dad. A bottle was being thrown at the door where he stood. He shut the door quickly, hearing the crash of the bottle and the screams and crashing of his parents fighting, both drunk. Richie quickly ran from the door, went in through his bedroom window, and grabbed his backpack. He quickly stuffed with clothes, a toothbrush, and a pair of shoes. He ran to the open window, shut it as he leaped out of it, and climbed off his roof, grabbed his bike, and biked to his only safe place, Eddie's house. He climbed up onto Eddie's window and knocked. Eddie turned and gave Richie an aggravated look. Eddie got up and opened the door for him. "What the fuck are you doing?" Eddie said as he walked in through the window. "Uh- my..." he sighed and looked at Eddie who was crossing his arms, tapping his foot. "My- my parents... kinda... sorta... threw... a bottle... a glass one... at me while they were fighting." Richie said. He looked up nervously smiling at Eddie's concerned face. Eddie sighed and walked to Richie hugging him. "Jesus fuck Richie..." Eddie said, hugging Richie tighter on his tippy toes. Richie let out a shaky breath and hugged him back. Eddie let go and sat next to Richie on his bed. "I- Eddie..." Richie's voice broke as tears filled his eyes, streaming down. Eddie put his arm around his back. "You don't have to explain, I understand... its ok..." Eddie told Richie. Eddie's words made Richie feel a lot better. "You know... you can always come over if your parents are being shitty?" Eddie asked Richie. He nodded and looked at Eddie. He squeezed Eddie and cried. Eddie hugged back, "You ok?" Eddie asked. "I just needed a hug" Richie said as he let go. Eddie smiled and wiped the tears off Richie's face. "Well im here if you ever need one..." Eddie said as Richie grabbed his hand. "Richie I-"