Chapter 21

Stan calmed down and sighed... Eddie and Richie both looked at Stan in awe... Beverly laughed and Mike stood back, laughing as well. Bill patted Stan on the back and Stan crossed his arms. Bill shook his head and looked at Stan with a face of almost concern. Stan smirked and rolled his eyes. "I guess I am a little... much... for you peasants..." he said as he crossed his legs and started looking at his nails, like something out of Heathers! They all scoffed and laughed before going back to what they were doing. Bev lit another cigarette and started blowing smoke. "Ew... can you actually not Bev..." Eddie said in a disgusted tone. "Get that cancer stick away from me..." he said as he looked her up and down. She laughed and looked at him confused. "Have you ever tried one?" She said, removing the cigarette from between her lips. "No! Those things are terrible for you! Have you seen the newest research on those?! Apparently they're gonna send laws out about age and stuff..." Richie looked at him with a confused expression. "Ok, BUT most of it's bullshit! Have you ever heard of anything remotely true like black lung or some shit! No! I rest my case!" He said as he shrugged. "What?! Just because it doesn't SOUND real doesn't mean it's not!" Eddie with an attitude. Bev rolled her eyes and offered the burning stick. "Don't knock it till you try it Ed's..." she said with an almost devious smile. He cringed and shook his head. "No!" He said with arms crossed. "Oh Bev, leave him be... we all know how big of a wuss he is, don't run it in!" Richie said with a small, held back laugh. Eddie looked at him with a pouty face and back at Bev with a mad one. He took a deep breath and took it from her hand. "Fine then!" He said, putting it to his lips. "Shit! Ed's I was kidding, don't burn yourself! Hold on!" He said, taking it from his lips, holding the hand that held it. "Huh?" Eddie asked with a confused face. "You can't JUST blow! You have to..." he was caught off by his own thinking. "Watch," Richie said as he brought it to his lips. He took a puff and slowly removed it from his lips once more. "There," he said, offering the cigarette, "you don't have to if you don't wanna..." Eddie looked at it and shrugged. He took it and put it in between his lips. He immediately felt a burning sensation in his mouth, going down his throat and smoke filled his small, frail body. The cigarette fell from his mouth and he started coughing. Smoke came from his mouth and he started grabbing his throat. "WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO?! KILL ME?!" Eddie said in a raspy voice and a mad tone. "WHERE'S MY FUCKING INHALER?!" Richie immediately handed it to him and put the cigarette out with his foot. Eddie took a deep breath of his inhaler and started breathing again, coughing a little less until he stopped completely. "Shit Ed's! You ok?!" Richie asked, trying not to laugh. "Yeah! You really had a frog in your throat there!" Bev exclaimed, putting her lighter in her pocket. "You guys are trying to KILL ME!" He said angrily and crossed his arms.