Chapter 10

I wake up the next morning to Moya knocking on the door.  I groan and turn over in my sheets.  The door opens and someone yanks my covers off of my bed.  I grumble and curl up into a ball on my bed.  Moya shoves me off the bed and I land on the ground with a thud!  I sit up and rub my lower back while glaring at Moya.  "What was that for?" I grumble, yawning.

        "Oh, you know, to wake you up,"  Moya answers, shrugging.  "Now come on, we're graduating today!"  I nod my head and stand up.  Moya leaves the room so I can get changed.  I change out of my pjs and into my outfit for the day.

        I pull on a long-sleeved eggplant-purple high-collar shirt. The shirt is lined with a fuscia pink fabric and is extremely soft. I roll up the sleeves until they're just below my elbows. I pull up a pair of porpoise grey shorts that reach my mid-thighs. The shorts have actual pockets on the front and back that I can button to keep everything from falling out of them. I tuck my shirt into the waistband of my shorts and put on a pine green obi. I pull up a pair of coin grey mesh toe-less stockings with an arctic blue trim around the top. To top off my outfit, I secure a dark green pouch to either side of my obi and place my fans into them. I brush out my waist-length teal silky straight hair and do it back into twin braids, leaving my bangs out to frame my face.

  I brush out my waist-length teal silky straight hair and do it back into twin braids, leaving my bangs out to frame my face

        I leave the bathroom, yawning, and make my way into the kitchen.  Moya smiles as she hands me my breakfast, but I don't think much of it.  "You're not wearing your headband today?" she asks as we eat the eggs.

        "Ah!" I exclaim, hurrying back to my room.  "I thought I was forgetting something!"  I slip on my headband and sigh softly.  Moya sighs and shakes her head, a soft smile on her face.

        "You'll be replacing that headband with a forehead protector, right?" she inquires, handing me my boxed lunch.

        "Of course," I nod my head.  The two of us make our way through the village to where Kumo lives.  Once we meet up with him, the three of us make our way to the Academy.  Kumo and Moya talk excitedly about becoming Genin as I nod my head.

        Once we arrive at the academy, we head up to Iruka's classroom, excitement filling our systems.  We sit at our normal spots, smiling brightly.  Everyone shows up, even Naruto.

        "We will now start the final exam," Iruka informs us.  "When your name is called, proceed to the testing room.  The final test will be on the clone jutsu."  One by one, people are called into the testing room to perform the jutsu.  Slowly but surely, the room empties out until it's only Moya and I left to take the test.

        "Moya Tanuki," Iruka calls.  Moya gives me a thumbs up, which I return, and heads off to the testing room.  About three minutes later, Iruka comes back.  He calls my name and I get up from my seat.  I head into the testing room, noticing that there Iruka and another sensei are in there.

        He gives me bad vibes,  I think to myself, getting a sense of uneasiness when looking at the second sensei.

        I take a deep breath and begin to control my Chakra.  "Clone jutsu!"  I mutter.  There's a puff of smoke.  Once it clears, standing around me are six perfect clones.  Both sensei clap and Iruka smiles at me.

        "Congratulations," Iruka informs me "you pass."  I get my forehead protector from Iruka and make my way out of the room.  I meet up with Kumo and Moya and smile brightly.

        "Looks like all three of us passed," Kumo states, smiling.

        "As if it would end any differently," Kumo's mother laughs.  She places a hand on her son's shoulders and I can't help notice that she has the same grass-green eyes as Kumo.  Moya and I nod our heads and Kumo's mother smiles sweetly.  "Why don't I treat you three to some dinner?"

        "Sounds great!" Moya smiles brightly, her hair floating in the wind slightly.  I look over at where Naruto is sitting and notice that Mizuki --- the other sensei that was there with Iruka --- is standing by his side.  "What are you thinking?"

        "Miss Arashi," I address Kumo's mom.

        "Yes?"  she responds, looking over at me.

        "Do you know anything about Mizuki?"  I inquire as I point over to where Mizuki stands.

        "No, not much," Arashi shakes her head.  "I never bothered to talk to him or get to know him.  All I know is that Mizuki tends to have different views than the rest of the shinobi."  I nod my head.  "Let's go get some dinner."

       "Okay," I nod.  Moya, Kumo, Arashi, and I make our way to the bbq restaurant.  We order our food and talk as we wait for the food.  As we cook food, we talk about different things.  After we finish eating the food, Moya and I say goodbye to Kumo and Arashi and make our way to our house.

        "We'll have to get up early tomorrow if we want to look good for our pictures," Moya notes as we head inside the apartment.

        "Yeah," I nod my head.  "Well, I'm exhausted.  I think I'm going to have an early night."  Moya nods her head and I go into my bedroom.  I change into my pajamas and slip under my covers.  I close my eyes and let sleep wash over me.  Hopefully, this time I won't be kept awake by that horrible dream again.