Chapter 11

I wake up the next morning and go directly into the shower.  My head pounding as I shake the dream from my head.  I dry myself off and change into my outfit for the day.

        I pull on a long-sleeved eggplant-purple high-collar shirt. The shirt is lined with a fuscia pink fabric and is extremely soft. I roll up the sleeves until they're just below my elbows. I pull up a pair of porpoise grey shorts that reach my mid-thighs. The shorts have actual pockets on the front and back that I can button to keep everything from falling out of them. I tuck my shirt into the waistband of my shorts and put on a pine green obi. I pull up a pair of coin grey mesh toe-less stockings with an arctic blue trim around the top.  I secure a dark green pouch to either side of my obi and place my fans into them. I brush out my waist-length teal silky straight hair and do it back into twin braids, leaving my bangs out to frame my face.  To top everything off, I wear my forehead protector on my forehead to cover the Yogen-sha.

  To top everything off, I wear my forehead protector on my forehead to cover the Yogen-sha

        Moya comes out of the bathroom after a little while dressed and ready for the day.  "Looks like someone decided to change their outfit," I state, nodding at Moya's outfit.

        "Looks like someone didn't," Moya jokes with me, shoving my arms slightly.  I roll my eyes and playfully shove her back.  Moya has on a sleeveless orchid crop top.  Underneath, she has on a sky blue sleeveless top that stops just above her belly button.  She has on a pair of mid-thigh length nicer fitting violet biking shorts.  Over her shorts, she has on an orchid apron skirt that is shorter in the back and longer in the front.  Her forehead protector is wrapped around her waist as a sort of belt.  Her long hair is pulled back into a low ponytail with her bangs to frame her face.  Her hair is tied with a cute navy blue ribbon.  To top off her outfit, she has on a pair of elbow-length fingerless navy blue gloves.

        "Come on, we need to get going to get our pictures taken," I smile.  "Besides, I'm not changing this outfit until the Chūnin Exams." Moya laughs and nods her head.  The two of us make our way to the Academy and wait for our name to be called to take our pictures.

        After our pictures are taken, we meet up with Kumo and the three of us hang out until orientation.  We laugh and mess around the rest of the day.  Eventually, we meet up with Chōji and Shikamaru at the bbq restaurant for lunch.  "You guys excited about tomorrow?"  Moya inquires, as Chōji scarfs down plenty of bbq.

        "Not really," Shikamaru states, "it'll be a drag."

        "You think everything's a drag, Shikamaru," I roll my eyes, eating some food.

        "Because everything is," he responds.

        "It wouldn't be if you weren't so lazy," Kumo informs Shikamaru.

        "Kumo's right," I agree.  "If you would just apply even the smallest bit of your potential to anything, you might find it's not such a drag.  Also, you would've easily been top of our class."

        "They're right, ya know," Moya agrees with Kumo and me.

        "Mmm!" Chōji mumbles as he eats more food.  "This place has great food!"  The rest of us laugh softly and continue eating our lunch.  We continue to chat about what will happen tomorrow.  After we finish eating, Moya and I each pay half the bill and wave bye to the boys.

        "You seem a lot less tense around Shikamaru," Moya informs me.

        "Well," I start, "he doesn't seem all that bad.  I mean, it's not like I'll fall for him." Moya and I both laugh and she gives me a close-eyed smile.

        "True," Moya nods her head.  "You were never one for anything of that sort."  I nod my head and the two of us walk through a batch of cherry trees.  We smile as the wind blows through the trees, causing some of the blossoms to fall into our hair.  We continue our walk through the cherry trees, laughing and talking the whole time.  After a little while, we arrive back at the village and make our way to the apartment.

        When we get inside, we take off our shoes and get ready to start making dinner.  We make dinner and decide to eat it on the balcony again.  We watch the sunset as we eat our dinner and talk about the possibility we'll be on the same team.  "It's a very high chance," I nod my head.

        "I mean, Iruka-Sensei knows we work wonderfully together," Moya agrees.  "Besides, it would be best for us to be on the same team if we are to expand our jutsu."

        "Not to mention, it's the only way we'd be able to "fight" each other," I nod my head.

        "Well, it'd be considered sparring," Moya states.  "But, you're right.  Even though we'd still have to keep our forehead protectors off of our foreheads."  I nod my head and the two of us finish eating our dinner.  Once we're done, we head inside and play a few games of cards before we decide to go to sleep.

        I change out of my outfit and into my pjs before cuddling under my covers.  As soon as I close my eyes, the same dream that has been keeping me up for the past few nights.  I can't make out much of it.  So far, all I've been able to see is a dark room with a figure standing in front of me.  Looking around, I notice that there are three other figures in the gloom.  All of whom appear to be knocked out.  I can feel blood trickling down my left leg as well as my forehead.  The figure's footsteps echo throughout the room as they walk closer.  Almost close enough for me to see their face.  However, they stay just out of reach, just out of sight.  They raise their hand, which holds a Kunai, and throws it directly at me.  Before it lands a critical blow by hitting my forehead, I wake up in a cold sweat.