Chapter 12

I don't remember falling asleep again, but I wake up to moonlight filtering through my window.  I sit up and notice that the sun is beginning to rise.  Might as well get ready for the day, I think to myself, getting out of bed.  I change into my normal outfit and brush out my hair.  I pull it back into twin bubble braids.

        I put on my forehead protector and begin making the breakfast for Moya and myself

        I put on my forehead protector and begin making the breakfast for Moya and myself.  Moya comes out of the bathroom after a little bit, ready for the day.  I pull Moya's hair back into a high ponytail and braid the underside.  Moya ties her forehead protector around her forehead and the two of us eat our breakfast.

        "Ready to get going?" Moya inquires.  I nod my head and the two of us get on our shoes and make our way to the Academy.  Along the way, we meet up with Kumo.

        "Ready to see what teams we get on?" Kumo inquires.

        "Well," I hum, "I have a pretty good idea who my teammates are."

        "Yeah," Moya laughs, wrapping an arm around my shoulders, "Kumo and myself."  The three of us laugh softly and I nod my head.

         "As if Iruka-Sensei would have it any other way," Kumo smiles brightly.  The three of us arrive at the Academy and make our way up to Iruka's classroom.  We take our normal seats at the back of the room and wait for the orientation to begin.

        As we're the first few people in the classroom, we get to watch as the rest of the graduates come into the room.  Among them are Shikamaru, Chōji, Sasuke, Hinata, Shino, Kiba, and --- to my surprise --- Naruto.  Naruto sits two rows in front of where Moya, Kumo, and I are sitting.

        Shikamaru walks past where Naruto is sitting and notices him.  "What are you doing here, Naruto?" Shikamaru asks.  "This isn't for dropouts.  You can't be here unless you graduate."

        "Oh yeah," Naruto responds, "do you see this?  Do you see this?" He shows off his forehead protector.  "Open your eyes, Shikamaru.  It's a regulation headband.  We're gonna be training together.  How do you like that?"  Shikamaru rests his hand on his hip as Naruto continues on.  "Let me put it to you this way.  I look great in this headgear like it was made for me.  Believe it."  Naruto chuckles.

        At that same time, Sakura and Ino come racing into the room.  "I'm first," they both state.  I roll my eyes and look over at Moya and Kumo.

        Sakura chuckles and makes her way over to where Sasuke and Naruto are sitting together.  "Hi, Sakura, what's up?" Naruto greets her.

        "Move it!" Sakura states, shoving Naruto out of the way.  "Good morning, Sasuke."  Sasuke hardly looks over at her.  "Mind if I sit next to you?"

        "Back off, Forehead," Ino addresses Sakura.  "I'm sitting next to Sasuke."

        "I was here first,"  Sakura responds.  I look over at Moya, who is trying to balance multiple books on her head.