Chapter 15

"I've summoned the badgers,"  I inform Moya and Kumo, pressing the run on my wrist lightly.  "I also have Aiiro-Sensei in my sights.  Ready for the plan?"

"You know it,"  Moya responds, her voice loud and clear even if she's nowhere around me.

"Ready whenever,"  Kumo informs us.  I crouch in the bushes lightly, ready to attack.  I spring off my feet, kind of like when a swimmer dives off the block, and out into the clearing, ready to attack Aiiro-Sensei.

She only realizes I'm there when I almost hit her with a kick.  She catches my leg and I use the momentum to flip and toss her to the ground.  I quickly recover, Aiiro-Sensei being only a second faster.  She throws a shower of Kunai and Shuriken at me and I do backflips to avoid them all.  I do one last backflip and skid on the ground.  Aiiro-Sensei smirks and tries to use a Genjutsu on me, which doesn't work.

I return the smirk and rush in to fight with her using Taijutsu.  With every kick I do, she manages to block it with her arms.  She jumps into the air.  I watch as she makes a few hand signs and a red sign appears on her hand.  I quickly dodge it and kick her arm away from me, causing Aiiro-Sensei to lose her balance.  She stumbles into the middle of the clearing.  I quickly do a couple of hand signs and place my hand on the ground.  Secret Jutsu: Sink Hole!  I think, the ground around Aiiro-Sensei sinking and trapping her in the dirt.

"Now, Moya!"  I press the rune on my wrist lightly.  Moya comes jumping out of the trees on my left and does some hand signs.  She lands on the ground shortly in front of Sensei and a giant barrier of crystal encases her, forcing her out of the dirt, and leaving only her head alone.

"Kumo!"  Moya exclaims using telecommunication.  Kumo comes out of the side directly behind Aiiro-Sensei, a piece of paper with a black rune painted onto it.  He lands on the crystal barrier, which begins to shatter.  However, he places the piece of paper onto Sensei's forehead and backflips off to where Moya and I are standing.

The four badgers I summoned finish digging the hole in the middle of the field and Aiiro-Sensei falls into it, destroying the crystal barrier, which turns into a sort of bubble around the whole, preventing Aiiro-Sensei from escaping.  She smiles brightly, falling down onto the dirt floor from exhaustion.

"You three pass!" she calls up to us, the crystal barrier disappearing as she finishes her sentence.  Moya, Kumo, and I celebrate and give each other high fives.  Aiiro-Sensei laughs and I use a jutsu to fill in the hole and bring Sensei up to the surface.  Ai, Amai, Shurui, and Yume all appear next to me as the grass regrows.  "That was a splendid teamwork!  I didn't even hear you three say anything to each other!"

"That's because Kumo gave us a rune that allows the three of us to talk using telecommunication!"  Moya informs Aiiro-Sensei, smiling brightly.

"Yeah!" I agree.  "His Kekei Genkai comes in very handy for things like this!"

"It really does," Aiiro agrees.  "Although even without this rune he placed on my forehead, you guys would've passed with flying colors!  I sure did get a splendid group to work with!"  Aiiro beams at us and Moya, Kumo, and I all return her smile with our own ones.  "Come on, let me treat you to some ramen as congratulations!"

"That'd be awesome, Sensei," Kumo informs Aiiro-Sensei, Moya and I nodding in agreement.  The four of us leave the training grounds as the sun rises higher into the sky and make our way to Ichi Raku Ramen.

I eat the ramen gratefully as Aiiro begins telling us what our upcoming schedule will be like.  "We'll have training for this week and the next week before getting our first mission," Aiiro explains.  "It won't be anything too dangerous.  It'll most likely be catching runaway pets or helping around the village with tasks.  If you can do well enough for two weeks on those tasks, I will request we take on some C-level assignments."

"Sounds great," Moya nods her head.

"If we train right off the bat," I agree, "then it'll be easier for us to complete our assignments and missions."

"Exactly why we're going to train first," Aiiro-Sensei nods her head, smiling.  "All three of you are very intelligent.  I'm glad to be teaching all three of you."

"We're glad to have you as our Sensei," Kumo informs Aiiro.  We finish eating our ramen and wave bye to Aiiro-Sensei.  Moya and I make our way back to our apartment.  The two of us laughing and smiling happily.

We arrive at the apartment and I go take a shower.  I finish my shower and change into a pair of my pjs.  "Your turn, Moya," I inform my older cousin.  Moya nods her head and heads into the bathroom for a shower.  I meanwhile, begin making dinner.  Once Moya comes out of the shower, I begin setting the table and dishing out dinner.

"I've made you some new clothes I would like you to wear," Moya informs me as we wash the dishes.  "Could you go try them on for me?"

"Of course!" I nod my head, smiling brightly.  I head into my bedroom and find a stack of clothes on my bed.  I change out of my pjs and into the outfit.

I pull on the short-sleeved heather purple top.  Over top, I slip on a daffodil yellow vest and zip it up.  The vest has the symbol of the Tanuki Clan of the Hidden Cave on the upper right side.  The same symbol is also located just underneath the black belt I have on.  I buckle a jade black belt around the middle of my vest.  I leave my top untucked as I slip into a pair of dark violet purple pants that stop just below my knees.  I wrap a set of white bandages around my right thigh and buckle on my navy blue Kunai/Shuriken holster.  To top everything off, I slip on a color-changing bangle that will allow me to tell what my opponent's jutsu is.

  To top everything off, I slip on a color-changing bangle that will allow me to tell what my opponent's jutsu is

I exit my bedroom and walk into the kitchen.  Moya sees me and claps her hands.  I smile softly and then go back and change into my pjs.