Chapter 13

We finish our lunches and head back to class. When we get back, we wait for our new Senseis to show up. One by one, the squads get dismissed to go with their new Sensei. Squad 8 goes with Kurenai Yuhi, Squad 10 goes with Asuma Sarutobi, and Squad 11 (the squad I'm on) goes with Aiiro Yuhi.

Airro-Sensei has waist-length charcoal black hair pulled back into a high ponytail with two strands left out to frame her face. She has her forehead protector on her forehead. She has on a long-sleeved raisin purple shirt with a pair of wine purple shorts that reach her mid-thighs. She has on a pair of shin-high jade black shinobi boots. To top off her outfit, Aiiro-Sensei has on a Hidden Leaf green flak jacket.

        Kumo, Moya, and I follow Aiiro through the village until we arrive at one of the training grounds

Kumo, Moya, and I follow Aiiro through the village until we arrive at one of the training grounds. We all sit down on the edge of the river bank and our Sensei sits across from us. "Let's start with introducing ourselves," she addresses us. "I'll begin by telling you about myself. I'm Aiiro Yuhi and I'm a Genjutsu master. I have a twin sister --- Kurenai. I've only recently become a Jonin, and I love working with kids. However, I hate slackers and won't be taking it easy on you three. Your turn. Let's start with you." Aiiro points at Kumo.

"I'm Kumo Yami!" Kumo introduces himself. "I'm an only child and I hope to become a Genjutsu specialist like my mom! I hope that one day I'll be able to become a Jonin as well. I enjoy hanging out with my friends and I can't wait to begin training and going on missions!"

"I'm Moya Tanuki," Moya introduces herself. "I'm the oldest of three girls. My two younger sisters are back at the Hidden Cave with my mom. I'm great at Earth Style and can even bend the earth without having to use any hand signs. I also have the final stage of the Anaguma, a special Kekei Genkai only in the Tanuki Clan of the Hidden Cave. I hope that I'll be able to become a top-level ninja before I have to go home and prepare for a wedding with Yutanpo Tanuki of the Hidden Valley. I look forward to completing all my missions!"

"I'm Yōsei Tanuki," I introduce myself, smiling sweetly. "I'm an only child and I have three cousins --- Moya, Heizu, and Deizu. I'm the first of my clan in four generations to have Wind Style and Earth Style. In fact, I'm only one of three known members of the Hidden Cave to possess the ability to perform Wind Style! I too have the final stage of the Anaguma. However, mine is extremely powerful due to Yogen-sha. I haven't completely mastered it, but I'm almost there! I have the symbol on my forehead to prove it. I plan on becoming an Anbu before going back to the Hidden Cave and becoming the Dōkutsukage, just like my mother."

"All three of you are so different," Aiiro informs us. "However, I understand that you three work together with hardly any arguing." Aiiro smiles brightly at us. "I can't wait to begin training. However, first, you'll have to complete a survival exercise. If you fail, I send you back to the Academy."

"What?!" Moya exclaims. "Why?!"

"Of the 30 graduates who just came here," Aiiro informs us, "only 12 will actually be accepted as Genin. The other 18 will be weeded out and sent back to the Academy."

"So it's a pass-fail test," I state. "A make it or break it thing. The chance we'll fail is at least 66%!"

"That is correct," Aiiro agrees. "Now then, go home and get plenty of rest. You'll meet me back here an hour after sunrise. Make sure to eat breakfast." Kumo, Moya, and I nod our heads. Moya and I make our way to our apartment and Moya begins to make dinner. I, meanwhile, take a shower. After my shower, I change into my pajamas and exit to find dinner ready.

My pajamas consist of a crop top and a pair of upper-thigh long shorts. The top is a lemon yellow sleeveless crop top. There is fancy lilac purple lettering that says "GRL PWR" in big letters. My shorts are nice and comfy, perfect for sleeping in. They are a forest green with a soft grass green accent.

        Moya places my dinner on the coffee table in the family room and turns on a movie

Moya places my dinner on the coffee table in the family room and turns on a movie. The two of us eat our dinner as we watch the movie. It's one of those movies that have singing and dancing in them. Moya and I grew up watching it, so we know all the lyrics and scenes. It's hilarious.

Moya and I dance and sing once we finish eating our dinner. The two of us, exhausted from dancing, laugh and finish the movie by watching it on the couch. Once the movie finishes, I notice that Moya fell asleep. I carefully, and silently, get up from the couch. I pick up Moya and carry her to her bedroom. I set her on her bed and leave the room after tucking her into her covers.

I make it to my room before getting a severe headache. I clutch my forehead, falling onto my bed. I curl into a tight ball, pain coursing through my head. I hold it tightly, hoping that the pain will pass. It takes hours for the pain to subdue, but once it does, I fall asleep. However, right after I close my eyes, Moya comes bursting in. Great, I think, I finally can sleep and it's time to get ready for the survival test.

I change into my normal ninja wear and tie my forehead protector around my forehead. I leave my bedroom and head into the bathroom. I brush out my hair and pull it back into braided space buns. I leave a couple of strands out to frame my face and to complete the look.

  I leave a couple of strands out to frame my face and to complete the look