Chapter 16

A Few Weeks Later

I wake up early in the morning, sunlight beginning to shine through the window.  I get out of my bed and go to take a shower.  Once I'm done, I change into my mission outfit.  I pull on the short-sleeved heather purple top. Over top, I slip on a daffodil yellow vest and zip it up. The vest has the symbol of the Tanuki Clan of the Hidden Cave on the upper right side. The same symbol is also located just underneath the black belt I have on. I buckle a jade black belt around the middle of my vest. I leave my top untucked as I slip into a pair of dark violet purple pants that stop just below my knees. I wrap a set of white bandages around my right thigh and buckle on my navy blue Kunai/Shuriken holster. To top everything off, I slip on a color-changing bangle that will allow me to tell what my opponent's jutsu is.

I brush out my hair and decide to do it back into four small braids on the sides of my head.  I then take the rest of my hair and braid it into one long french braid, weaving the four small braids into it.

  I then take the rest of my hair and braid it into one long french braid, weaving the four small braids into it

I finish off my outfit by tying my forehead protector around my forehead.  I finish freshening up in the bathroom and exit to find Moya hasn't gotten up yet.  I knock on her bedroom door and hear a grunt in response.  "Moya," I inform her, "it's time to wake up."

"No," I hear a muffled grumble come from my older cousin.

"Moya," I respond, my "mom" voice activating, "get up this instant."

Moya grumbles as a response and I enter the room.  I find her laying down in her bed with her pillow covering her head.  Probably to keep the light from waking her up.  I yank off her pillow and covers before shoving her off the bed.  "We have a mission to get ready for!"  I scold her, scoffing.  "It's our first C-rank mission!  Do you really want to be late for that?"

Moya springs up from the floor, a happy look on her face.  "I forgot that was today!" she exclaims, suddenly wide awake.  "I'll be ready in half an hour!" I nod my head and exit the room.

I begin making us some breakfast that we can possibly eat along the way if Moya takes longer than an hour to get ready, which is likely.  However, to my surprise, Moya is indeed completely ready within half an hour.  She has on her normal mission outfit and her hair is pulled back into a cute braid.  The braid leads into a low ponytail with two smaller braids on each side of her head tightly wrapped around the low ponytail.

  The braid leads into a low ponytail with two smaller braids on each side of her head tightly wrapped around the low ponytail