Part 20

"You know I can teach you how to skate, right?" Donny clicked his tongue, perpetually disappointed in his friend whenever she goes out on dates, like the first time, and the second time, and many more after that.

"Michael have medals for being great at skating, you can't possibly be better than him" she reasoned out, puffing up her cheeks to apply her foundation.

"Why? Do you also plan to compete at the Olympics?" 

"No?"

"Then why does an athlete have to teach you?" he raised his voice agitated when he shouldn't be.

"Don't be naive, skating is just an excuse to know him" Maymay said so nonchalantly that Donny almost felt a vain pop on the back of his head.

"What?!" high

"Who's to say if we'll actually skate at all" Maymay

"Excuse me?!" higher, each phrase sending his blood pressure through the roof.

"You should've seen your face", she pointed her finger at him and laughed till her gums are exposed.

"Daddy Donny, don't worry, I'll get to know him first" Maymay wrapped her arms around his torso and rested her head against his chest.

"You're older than me!" Donny peeled her arms off of him to stare at her face.

"So you do admit that I know better since I'm older?" raising a brow to challenge Donny's line of thinking.

"I didn't say that" he looked straight at her.

"So you think that me, going on a date with him is being irresponsible?" Maymay stared right back, daring him to voice out his thoughts.

"Yes" he answered almost immediately.

"How so?"

"It's been so long and you still have no clue?" Donny closed his eyes, frustrated at how their conversation took a wrong turn.

"Donny, don't start now, we've been friends for five years"

"so you do know? then why are you disregarding my feelings?" Donny scoffed, here he was contemplating his entire existence in her life to confess and here she was knowing and putting his feelings in the backburner.

"Donny, you're my-"

"Don't finish that sentence, I get it" he took a deep breath, and scrunched up his whole face.

"No, you don't" Donny wanted to stare a second longer at Maymay's face but what he reads as pity in her eyes makes it unbearable.

"I do get it, you're willing to give anyone else a chance but me, because you only see me as a friend" Donny smiled softly at her, he cupped her face to wipe the single tear that fell on her cheek.

"do you honestly believe what you just said?" Maymay hiccuped, an autonomic response of her whenever she's faced with a dilemma.

"you think I'm so dense that I can't feel? I have feelings for you too but I'm so scared" Maymay let her tears fall again

"scared of what?"

"Donny, I'm not as strong as you are, if I take a risk now and lose you eventually? I don't think I can still live, don't you understand? I can't lose you"

"but you're willing to risk your heart for a person you don't even know"

"is it at risk if they won't ever have it? you own my heart Antonio but that's just about it"

"you're unreal, Dale" Donny said without looking at her.

"I'll go first, lock the door after you leave"

As soon as Maymay was out of her apartment, she called Michael to cancel their date but still went to the ice skating rink, to be honest, she knows how to skate, studied earlier on for a project that did not push through and later adapted it into her own hobby to relax and wore herself out.

"shit!" in a haste to wear her skates, she cut herself with the blade, she retrieved a tissue paper in her bag and pressed the wound when someone else grabbed it from her, she looked up to see it was Donny, who went after her.

"where's your date?" he sat beside her like nothing happened moments before, and that is exactly what she needs for now, Maymay leaned her head on his shoulders.

"I told him, I can't see him anymore" she replied, her eyes glued at the rink.

"okay"

"you won't ask why?" Maymay finally looked at him.

"it's already obvious" Donny stared right back at  her.

"how are you so confident? I'm still scared" 

"well you see, I was in love with this woman, still am and she just told me hours ago that she loves me too, and I want to be confident for the both of us" Donny blew warm breaths as he took her freezing hands.

"Thank you, Donny"

"You're always welcome, I love you"

..

.

.

.

tinatamad na ulit ako, kayo nang bahala ano ending haha