Pick-up Line

It was completely safe to say that Donny tells Maymay everything, to how his dog peed on the wheels of his car, to what he thinks about a girl they met in a bar, but when her love team went rogue and fled the scene with a random girl he met while soul searching in the depths of the Amazon Forest, Donny realized that there is still something he hasn't told her yet or anybody for that matter.
.
.
.
.
Best Buds, Donato Antonio "Donny" Laxa-Pangilinan and Marydale "Maymay" Entrata sprawled idly on the sofa. Donny sat up, elbows propped on his thighs, suddenly recalling something. He watched over his companion across from him with mischief.

"So...how's post love team world?" He chuckled, trying to annoy her.

"I could ask you the same" she replied without lifting her gaze from her mobile.

"Funny, you should say that, considering that I never had one for years now HUH!"

Finally meeting his eyes, she put her phone down to reward him with a glare.

"Chill" he put his arms up in mock surrender.

"Leave me alone" she grabbed her phone again, scrolling through her Twitter feed.

Donny only snickered, he knew for a fact that Dale couldn't be bothered by his desertion.

"Seriously, Dale. How are you?" he knows that she has no romantic ideas for her ex-love team partner but still, his disappearance definitely changed the dynamics of her career.

"I actually feel free as a bird, see? I'm even here with you" she replied frankly. For years, she had to worry about the consequences of her actions, even hanging out with Donny is to be reduced to a minimum.

He grinned, liking her response. He always believed that if you feel trapped in a situation then you're not doing it right.

"Then, I have to ask you something" beaming, he motioned her to scoot over on the single sofa chair she's seating on to squeeze himself beside her.

"Seriously, Dons? We won't fit!"

"Yes, we will, come on!" with a sigh, she begrudgingly shifted on her seat to make space for him but seeing it insufficient for them, he lifted her, making her legs hang on the armrest, as he sat happily, her back on his chest.

"Donny, do you realize how uncomfortable my position is?" she whined, punching him in the arm.

"Fine, you can rest your head on my lap" and she did

"Hello" he greeted her ardently when they finally settled to the most comfortable position the chair allowed them together.

"What's your question?" she remembered, still scrolling through her phone. Irritated, Donny grabbed it from her hand and put it inside his shirt, daring her to take it.

"What the?!"

"I need your full attention, okay?"

"Okay, you don't have to be a bitch about it" she rolled her eyes at him.

"Here goes my question..." Maymay looked at him eagerly, urging him to ask away. Encouraged, he played with her hand resting on her stomach.

"Remember my first day on ASAP Chillout?"

Maymay creased her brows trying to remember what occurred that day in the studio.

"Is that when you had that cheesy pickup line?" she laughed perilously, it's now his turn to roll his eyes.

"Yes, yes but do you remember who I was meant to say that to?" flushed, he avoided her gaze, and fortunately she was too busy trying to remember that she paid him no heed.

"Wait, weren't you supposed to say that to Markus?"

*crickets* *crickets* *crickets*

How could he forget that he initially wanted to tell Markus that as a joke? He slapped his palm over his forehead in frustration.

"Okay, after Markus then..." Maymay looked thoughtfully at him.

"I guess that would be me, why?" confused, Maymay bat her eyelids a few times and gawked at him.

"Marydale Entrata, pizza ka ba?" there was a slight quiver in his voice but his eyes shone with affection while peering over her.

"What?" Maymay replied still apprehensive. At that moment Donny lamented getting close to her through endless pranks, their faith in each other is basically tarnished.

"Donny..." before she could say anything further, he leaned over, tipped her chin and claimed her lips. Her eyes widen in disbelief as he placed a hand on her jaw willing her to relax. Closing her eyes, she held his collar and pulled him closer to her. Feeling her reciprocating his actions, he smiled through their kiss, until they broke apart to catch their breath.

"May, I like you" he finally said, still panting. 

"Well, you're in luck because I like you too" Maymay then pressed another kiss on his mouth.

Fin.