Blue Freedom

"I love it, the different hues and shades of blue, white, yellow, and brown clashes yet I feel absolutely calm when I look at it, I don't know how to describe it more accurately than that" They're currently on a video call, Donny just sent a photo to Maymay, the painting he'll submit to be auctioned to the online gallery of Kulture Studio, where proceeds will be donated to the benefit of children who are missing, have been abused or trafficked.

(For those who are interested, bidders can message Kulture Studio directly for more information.)

"Thanks Love, that's what I was actually aiming for, I recognize it's a privilege to feel calm and at peace with what's going on in our country or the rest of the world but I want anyone to even just catch a glimpse of this to feel it, even just for a brief moment" on Maymay's initially thought of bidding for Donny's artwork, but she realized that she gets to interact with him almost everyday, someone with blue freedom, smart, adventurous, fun, confident, and loyal, not just to her, but to everyone he loves and cares for. She couldn't bear the thought of robbing someone else the opportunity to even have a tiny glimpse of what Donny is, because his talent should be celebrated, not because he's the best but because he's trying his best, without fail, always.

"Okay ka lang?" Donny asked when he noticed that Maymay spaced out

"Huh?"

"Tinatanong ko kung okay ka lang? tulala ka, anong iniisip mo?"

"Ikaw"

"magkausap na tayo, iniisip mo pa rin ako? siguro crush mo 'ko 'no?" Slanting his eyes, he looked at his girlfriend sideways, teasing her.

"Hindi ah, 'di kita crush"

"Eh ano lang pala?"

"Mahal na kita" Maymay replied, smooth as silk, Donny clutched his chest, couldn't take the surprise love attack from his girlfriend, moments like this are rare since they're still working on being more vocal about their feelings and for Maymay to suddenly spring this up on him is a miracle.

"Marydale Entrata, grabe ka bumanat!" Maymay gestured at his heart and shot him twice, making him clutch his chest again.

"Seriously, Donny I was thinking about how much this art symbolizes you and maswerte ang kahit sino man na makakakuha nito because they get to have a piece of you kahit gusto ko, saakin lang lahat ng iyo, joke lang" Maymay pouted her lips and stared at the front camera of her phone, staring directly at him.

"Tama na, aatakihin na 'ko sa puso sa mga banat mo, pero mahal din kita, I wish I could just simply go to see you now gaya ng dati"

Maymay put her hand across the screen of her laptop, as if touching her boyfriend's face.

"I miss you, see you soon but for now see you sa panaginip, antok na antok na 'ko" Maymay pouted, she still wants to spend time talking to him but responsibilities for the next day are pulling her down to bed and take a rest or else she'll end up hating herself the next morning.

"Okay Love, what time are you waking up?"

"6am dapat"

"I see, go to sleep na, it's almost 12am, sorry pinuyat kita"

The couple then soon dropped the call, Donny however ordered a scheduled delivery of a breakfast and lunch meal to be sent to Maymay just in time for her schedules tomorrow.