The Essence of a Fangirl

Cherry stared at the screen of her laptop, Youtube is open, playing the latest video she created for her ship MayDon, an amalgamation of the names Maymay and Donny. Eversince she saw them in person, she couldn't help but root for their future together and although both parties denied the dating rumors, she knows what she saw, those affectionate gazes they gave each other weren't for just friends. In her heart, her resolve was rock solid, she's going to dig the truth straight from them, Sherlock style.

Getting out of her walk-in closet, she wore a black halter top and a black skirt, along with sneakers for easy mobility, after all what she's about to pursue is a stealth operation, according to her intelligence gathering, there's a pub in Makati where celebrities frequent, the pub is known for the absolute privacy of their customers. Therefore, most celebrities and other influential figure goes and meet at the place to either hook up or seriously enter a relationship, Quod Tenebris or simply, The Dark, is also famous for their ridiculously expensive entrance fee and tight security, she maliciously put her gopro between her chest where she knows the bouncers wouldn't dare touch and headed for the pub.

Some might ask how in the world did she know that Maymay and Donny will be at the pub in that day and time, it's simple, she appealed to the underpaid employees and offered them cash in exchange of a copy of the reservations by celebrities, she shook her head, one would think that such an exclusive pub would treat their employees better, similar to other successful business, they're sharks who feeds off of tiny fishes, but there is no time to dive in the cruel reality of unjust power play between corporations and employees, for Cherry has a different goal set in her mind, that is to reveal MayDon's secret relationship. With out further ado, she stepped out of her car and into the pub, where she confidently swiped her credit card by the entrance, before she could go up to the lounge where most famous personalities are seated, the contents of her bag was emptied out, she smirked, she knew all along that that would happen, she was asked to leave her mobile phone behind as taking photos and recording videos are not allowed within the vicinity, she hurrily agreed and went up.

"where are they?" she whispered to herself, her eyes darting around the pub, not looking where she was going, she bumped into a female hostess.

"looking for someone?" she smiled politely at her and nodded her head, the hostess gave her a sympathizing look before pulling her by the fire exit.

"why are we here?" she asked, confused by her actions.

"aren't you here to hook up with someone?" Cherry nodded again, absentmindedly.

"Well, just go down the stairs and to its left there's a door that leads to a secret parking lot, we call it the sex den though, I bet most kids of celebrity couple in our country was probably conceived there" the hostess shared casually, like it's not a big deal and Cherry's eyes looked like they would pop anytime soon.

"I was just kidding" she hostess laughed in her face and lead her down the stairs. She laughed, uncomfortably, letting her be swayed to the direction of the secret parking lot.

Once she was all the way down, there really was a door to the left but she was surprised to see that no one was in sight, so she continued walking until she heard faint familiar voices.

"oh my god, that's Maymay and Donny!" she covered her mouth to stifle her squeals, taking her gopro out of her bra, she hid behind a car close enough to them so she'd hear their conversation, she pressed the record button of her gopro camera and bit her bottom lip in anticipation.

"I'll miss you" Maymay uttered, Donny's rear was leaning on the car and Maymay was between his arms, Cherry could hear her sobs and knitted her brows.

'what is happening!?" she tought as she continued watching them.

"I'll miss you more, I'll come home every week to see you" Maymay laughed and hit Donny's arm without force.

"you really love wasting money huh? rich boy?" Donny rested his chin in the nest between her neck and shoulder, and Cherry bit her lip until it bleed from too much suppression of her emotions, vindication, that's what she felt.

"It's not wasting money if I get to see you in the end" Donny kissed her shoulder and pulled her even closer.

"I wish we could do this in public" Donny added.

"me too" Maymay's voice sounded so forlorn to Cherry, her heart constricted and she immediately shut her camera and deleted her recordings. How could she try to expose them just to prove what she saw was right. Revealing their relationship wasn't her choice to make but theirs, she felt ashamed of herself, how could she think of disrupting their love, when it's this beautiful even in the dark?

"once you're back from Australia, what's your plan?" Maymay then asked, making Cherry's ears perched up in anticipation for his reply.

"marry and have kids with you" Donny answered straight forward making Maymay giggle.

"amazing, we have the same plan" Maymay grinned at him.

"oh yeah?" Donny bridged the gap between their faces and captured her lips in a searing kiss, with closed eyes Maymay reciprocated his passion. Cherry's eyed almost went out of its sockets seeing them so engaged in an intimate act, she couldn't believe it, every fangirl would die to be in her position right now, having your OTP make out in front of you is every shipper's paradise yet here she is. Once she recovered her wits, she volted out of the secret parking lot, afraid that she'll find out more about them.

That night Cherry went home with a more firm conviction, she bowed to respect their privacy and not divulge what she saw to anyone, to always support and encourage them to do better even though she thinks they're the best, perfect even. They're her One True Pair, who plans to marry and have kids, that night and forevermore, her fangirl heart won.

To unconditionally respect, support, correct, encourage, and love your favorite artist, that is the essence of a fangirl.

Fin.

--------------------------------------------------------------

This felt like a fever dream ngl haha

naalala niyo ba yung @Cherry2thetop na nagtanong kung may relasyon ba sila Maymay at Donny sa TWBA? well diyan ko kinuha yung name ng fangirl.