Progeny Approximation

TRIGGER WARNING: Mature Content, I mean it this time. Enjoy! 😂

--------------------------------------------------------------

Donny thought that six years of friendship, two months of courtship, four years of dating and a year of marriage would disable Maymay's ability to ever faze him.

"You don't want to have kids?!" He scoffed. Obviously, he thought wrong. He stood from the couch situated in their living room to face Maymay.

"I'm just sorry that this topic was never brought up by either of us until now, admittedly, I intentionally did so, but the same goes for you so I assumed we have similar ideals for a family unit" Maymay sighed, looking straight at him, logical, unapologetic, unabashed, still sitting.

"We're both Christians, we always go on playdates with one of my nieces or nephews or some of yours, I thought that was us practicing for the real thing" Maymay sighed as she stared at her husband's face, clearly frustrated. She does understand though, he came from a tight knit, huge family and for her to suddenly spring this up could have been too much, but despite that she stood her ground.

"First of all, our faith is not directly synonymous to parenting kids, and second, I said I didn't want kids of my own not that I scorn them. I love kids, you know how much I adore them, it's just I don't want them coming out of me" Maymay is getting easily frustrated too, she does not know why she thought that not being parents would be a non-issue for the both of them.

"But I need to know why you don't want them, there has to be a reason" Donny tried to calmly ask her. Brows meeting at the center.

"You see, that's the point, do I have to have a reason for the choices I make with my body, with my life? By the way, this is a perfectly normal choice that I'm making for myself, motherhood is not for me and if you can't accept that" Maymay shrugged, can't think of a possible outcome for the both of them.

"I'm sincerely hoping that that's not the case, because I love you, and not having kids with you won't dininish that" Maymay looked forlorn, she thought Donny would understand her the most, they're married after all.

His silence worries her even more, despite standing her ground, she knows how frustrating it must be to not be able to get what you want so badly.

"Please say something" she begged.

"Moonton" Donny uttered, her eyes widened, it was their safe word, the name of the company which developed the game they both enjoyed in their youth. However, for them it means 'I have to go away or I'll end up hurting you or both of us'. They made it up when they started dating, as their fights grew constantly but Maymay only ever used it once, and they broke up and this is the first time she heard it from him in the context of their spat, Maymay's heart constricted, and tears started flowing from her eyes.

"Can't we talk now? Please"

Donny exhaled and walked up to his wife to hug her tight, still conflicted from the new information he never once thought of knowing.

"I need to gather my thoughts first, don't wait for me" he whispered as he let go of her slowly without looking and headed for the door. Driving out of their home without a clear destination is hard enough but remembering the pained look on his wife's eyes, he couldn't bear, moments passed as he suddenly remembered what brought them together, the faith they shared. Stepping harder on the gas, he sped away with a location in mind.

"Hey, I hope you don't mind me coming here to see you so late" Donny greeted Pastor James of Favor Church.

"It's nothing, I'm guessing this is about May, right?" The pastor greeted him as he guided Donny to sit on the porch of his house with him.