Take a Hint, Woman

"I'm so frustrated" Donny complained at his older friend, they are in a basketball court inside their village, sweating their hearts out.

"didn't get sex last night huh? me too" Daniel replied sighing.

"what? no, we had sex before she left 2 days ago" Donny made a face at him.

"disgusting, I did not need to know you're having sex with Maymay, it's like finding out my little sister's having sex with my friend" Daniel visibly shivered

"I also don't need to know you didn't have sex with Kathryn last night, anyway, it's been a few days since I've been dropping hints but it's like I'm living with an osmium, get it? because she's so fucking dense, what the fuck do I do? I want to get married and go on a honeymoon, is that too hard?" Daniel laughed, after all those years Donny's more fond of cussing now, a habit he passed on to him, what are friends for? right?

"Okay, before I give you advice you have to tell me the hints you dropped"

"okay"

Day 1

Today, is not like any other day, it has been a year since they moved in together and this was the first time he cooked dinner for them.

"Welcome home, Love" he kissed her, he's playing the part of a husband, a doting one to be precise, so she'd take a hint and they could finally talk about marriage.

"That smells nice, you cooked!?" Maymay was pleasantly surprised, he rarely cooks and would just rather eat out or order food for them since they both have erratic schedules.

"yes, I did, after watching one too many Judy Ann's Kitchen videos on Youtube, I finally got it" Donny boasted, Maymay couldonly laugh at her boyfriend being adorable as usual.

"you did great, I'm so proud" she kissed his cheek tenderly and embraced him sideways.

After dinner, Donny and Maymay sat lazily, and totally satiated by their sumptuous dinner, courtesy of Donny.

"how's the food, May?" he kneeled on the couch and leaned closer to her in anticipation.

"it's so good, you know we should..."

"we should what?"

"we should make this a business" Donny's face fell, he did not expect that answer at all.

"you're a talented cook, is there anything you can't do?"Maymay closed her eyes and leaned back at the armrest of the couch, by this point he wasn't listening anymore and left her in the living room.

"that's hilarious! make this a business, that's so funny" Daniel was almost hit by the ball Donny threw in his direction from laughing too much.

"hey! you almost hit me!" Daniel complained, albeit still laughing.

"It's not funny" Donny messed his hair, annoyed at the situation, Daniel threw the ball back at him, catching it with ease, then made a jump shot.