Prompt #1

Hi all!, this is prompted by a photo I saw on Tumblr, specifically for the Choni ship of Riverdale :))

.

.

.

Donny parked his car in front of a flower shop, in a swift motion he got off the car and slammed the door shut, making none of his fingers are in the way, couldn't make the same mistake twice, he mused with a low laugh.

"is it ready, Ate Alice?" he asked the florist a little too enthusiastically making the older lady chuckle.

"ready when you are!" chuckling she handed him the bouquet, and collected his payment.

"thank you" he smiled softly at her and exited the shop.

Meanwhile, Maymay was too busy watching puppy videos on her phone that she didn't notice Donny sneaking up behind her, gently laying the flowers on the floor.

"guess who?" covering her eyes, he deepened his voice in a failed attempt at concealing his identity.

"uhm..the grinch?" Maymay played along just to humor him, unimpressed by her answer he withdrew his hands and glared at her.

"this handsome face? the grinch, you must be dehydrated!" he nagged at her.

Settling down on the couch, Donny picked the flowers and handed it to Maymay.

"What's this for?" she asked, confused. On normal days, he would buy her food because that's what she would appreciate the most but receiving flowers definitely makes her feel beautiful.

"for everything" he answered, staring at her with adoration, and every other positive emotion he could feel when she's in sight.

Maymay didn't say anything, urging him to continue.

"you are everything to me, Dale." he squeezed her hands.

"remember that movie we watched, it said that love is urgent, it consumes you, it completes you"

"yeah, I remember"

he grabbed the flowers from her hold and cast it aside, and took her hands in his.

"our love is not like that at all, it's slow and passionate, as when we made love for the first time" Maymay laughed, losing her cool.

"seriously, Donny, made love? what are you, high school?" she continued laughing hysterically, he only glared at her again.

"okay, I'm sorry, you may now continue" he looked at her skeptically and tucked a stray hair behind her ear. He cleared his throat.

"and our love is not consuming every part of our lives too, instead it inspires us to be better, to do better for each other, and can I just honestly say that you didn't complete me Marydale?" he dragged on, as she raised a brow, warning him if she didn't like what he's about to say.

"let me finish!" he squeezed her hands tighter.

"I figured that if I'm not complete, I couldn't handle someone like you. You're beautiful and brave, and you are so fiercely independent, you wouldn't need me at all. You're so full of life, you're talented, you're funny and your laugh-- I love your laugh and honestly, you're the best thing that ever happened to me, so Marydale Entrata, will you marry me?"

She blushed furiously but glared at him.

"you have to stop doing this!" she sighed and made him sit on the couch again, none of them even realized he kneeled down until he was done talking.

"but, why?" he grinned, loving the annoyed look on her otherwise scarlet red face, she then slapped him playfully.

"Donny, we've been married for 6 years!!!"