Chapter twenty-five~The pack security

Baylons P.O.V.

So she thought that she was gonna leave me? She needs to realize that she is my mate, that she isn't going back to wisconsin. When Kanen told me that she was considering leaving I wanted to kill nehemiah. He made her think that I considered her an object. I love kaylee and that was it..Obviously I had to let her know that. That she belonged there with me, as my mate, my lover, my friend, and as my wife.....one day. Of course we were young, but I wanted, no needed to be with her.

I went to her home and knocked once, noone answered..I knocked again and Then I heard someone ascending down the stairs. I could see through the sheer curtains on the door that it was my Kay. My wolf felt the strongest contentment. He was pleased that.we were going to be near our mate.

when she opened the door she looked instantly like she was so disappointed to see me. My heart felt like a can that just got smashed with someones foot for recycle. My pain instantly shifted to anger. Luckily I was a person who had a lot of self control. " Hello kaylee." "Hi." She said flatly. "I was really disappointed to see you today with him." I thought that Maybe if I came to her calmly she may respond to me in a nice way. I was wrong.  "Who do you think you are Baylon? Don't speak to me like my father. You are not, smart ass!"

I had to laugh. I went toward her and she acted like she didn't want me to touch her, but she didn't move...So I moved closer and pulled her into me. "I need you to know that I am a very jelous mate Kay." I nipped at her ear..." and baby, I can't let you leave me, I need you" She let out a slow breath. I kissed her cheek. "I love you.....and I'm so sorry" I whispered. She put my face in her hands. It was almost as if she was trying to see if I really meant it, I decided to give a grand gesture. I went to my knees and grabbed both of her hands. "Please forgive me, please" I begged with a quivering voice.

" Get up Baylon, get up." She demanded. I thought that maybe I was getting somewhere with her. "Okay, okay, maybe I could forgive you. But never make me feel like that again Baylon. You really hurt me and I just can't take that from you.....of all people " She looked down at the floor of the porch. I grabbed her softly and brushed my lips across hers, I really missed holding her in my arms..I just wanted to hold her like this forever. I whispered,"I love you...and I always will, please don't run from us Kay. Not to Wisonsin or anywhere else."

She pulled away quickly. " what am I gonna do here Bay, My entire family is leaving. I will have no place to live, and I have to finish school." Her face was wraught with worry, almost like she realized all of what was happening in her life. " Baby, don't worry about any of those things okay?? I'm your mate and now I'm the alpha of this pack so I will make sure everything that you want and need happens okay?" She looked deep into my eyes, slowly kissed my lips. I felt so strong again knowing that my mate was back in sync with me. She wants me again.

It sounded kinda ridiculous for me to say to anyone that I'm the alpha. I realized that I had better just get use to the sound of Alpha in my life...My father was gone... and I missed him. I pulled kaylee to me and hugged her,...not because she needed to be comforted but because I did.

"I am going to The pack house and I will make sure that you can stay okay?" I turned to leave and stopped to turn back to her beautiful face. "If that's what you want." I grabbed her hand softly. She nodded slowly, but seemed unsure. She had our link blocked, I was sure that it wasnt on purpose....I couldn't help but turn and kiss her like it was last minutes on earth. She was mine....mine...forever

I got to house and the first person I ran into was Randy, " Hey ALPHA Baylon,." He said sarcastically "We need to sit down and talk man, about running this pack, about what people you want for our pack security, and pack protecters, about whose gonna be in our counsel, everything" He looked genuinely irritated with me. Clearly I wasn't doing my job the way I should be...was I too concentrated on my mate? "Let's go talk Randy in my dads, my office." I replied .We Went in and sat down. "Okay so what's wrong with the security that's already in place?" Randy looked at me like I was kidding with him. I looked at him like he had an answer for me. Then he gave me a puzzled look. " Well, Baylon. Excuse me, Alpha they are all old men past their prime right? So its time for newblood." We want some new guys in here right? What about these guys?"

He handed me a list. I was nodding at his prospects. I saw Zander Blaze, He was on the basketball team..this guy was like a giant. My cousin Billy, Emile one of my classmates. We never really spoke, but I supposed that was my fault. Edwin was a cool guy too and he was Emiles twin brother so I guessed we could let him the circle. But, the last name got me. " Nehemiah??? You already know how I feel about that dude." I vigorously shook my head.

Randy stood slowly,"Now Baylon, just listen. This guy is part of our pack. He definitely can be trusted, he's gonna have to go to the battle camp and show us what he has just like everyone else." He pleaded. I thought about it. "Well, Randy I hold you responsible or this guy. He is YOUR homey, not mine, and I just dont like his personality I didn't  even when we were kids....and how he's  treated some of the girls... But If you feel like he's a person who could be trusted as our pack security as well as counsel, then cool..I trust you brother." I told him sincerely. "Alpha he is dedicated to our pack above everything else. I trust him." I smiled. "When we are by ourselves Randy you dont have to keep calling me Alpha, I am still Baylon okay?" He kinda laughed.
We shook hands. "Now I have someone as well. For part of our counsel I am recruiting Jeffery. Jeffery Purser ? He is the smartest kid in our pack. He's a genius and his ambition is to be a Dr. Our Dr. I want him on the counsel. Randy smiled,"Cool! You have been thinking about this huh, sorry man. I was wrong."

I laughed," Never underestimate your Alpha...Let's go get them ready for battle." I was gonna whoop Nehemiah myself. If He can get past me, then he can ride with me.....I guess we will see... I still needed to speak with Alpha George, and Mrs. Bresette....But Kaylee was staying right here in Arizona....with me. Damn, my father never let on how hard being an alpha truly was. I wish that I had not been so disinclined to learn all of the lessons that he tried to teach me....