Chapter 2

(Pete's POV)

I sit in shock as I hear Patrick whisper "of course he doesn't like me"

He notices me staring at him. "W-what?" Is the only thing I can say but before I can say anything else, he gets up and leaves.

I jump up and look out the window and see him crying with his face in between his knees and his arms clutching his legs to his chest.

I immediately run outside but he doesn't notice me at first until I walk up to him and sit down next to him and I wrap my arms around him. Then he sees me and stares at me for about 6 seconds before talking. "P-Pete?"

It really hurts to see him sad. I know we only met about an hour ago but I feel like... What do I feel? I snap out of my thoughts when he starts making a disappointed look on his face.

"Yeah Patrick?" We sit there with my arms wrapped around him while we sit there and stare at each other.

"Why did you come out here?" He asks. Well isn't he adorable. Wait, what?

"I couldn't just leave you out here crying alone." I respond.

"W-why? Don't you hate me now?" Patrick asks with tears in his eyes.

"Patrick, listen to me, I don't have one reason to hate you and I never will, okay?" I say with tears starting to fill my eyes. He notices and wraps his arms around me too.

We sit there for about 5 minutes just hugging and crying. Then he pulls back and I have him a sad look so he still has his hands on my shoulders. "Thank you Pete, for everything" he squeezed me extremely tight so I squeeze him back.

"Come on, lets go inside, it's turning dark." I say and we get up and just lay on the couch together and think about random things without talking. Then I see that his head landed on my legs and he fell asleep

I think this is the most adorable thing I've ever seen in my entire life. I know I have to wake him up soon, but I just can't. He looks so peaceful.

I look at the time and see that it's already 9:00 and that I have to take him home. I try shaking him a little bit.

"Patrick...paaaaaatriiiiiick" I whisper while he just lets out a soft groan and turns over a little bit.

"Wake up, you have to go home." I told him and he opened his eyes and his hair stood up in every direction.

I giggled at him and he looks at me with a confused look. "What are you laughing at? And where am-" he realized he was laying on my lap.

He blushes and starts to get up. "Can you drive me home?" He asks.

"Of course. But first, you might wanna fix your hair..." I said and started laughing again.

"Pete what are you la-" he looked at himself through my phone when I showed him what he looked like. He blushed again and stood up. He's just the cutest thing.

I drove him home but before he left, I had to get his number. "Call me if you need anything"

He nodded and walked inside his house. I drove off and remembered that its Friday so I don't have school tomorrow. Maybe I'll ask Patrick to spend the day with me tomorrow.