Chapter 10

((Tbh I think this fanfic is terrible. But you people seem to like it and keep asking for updates! So that is what I shall do))

(Patrick's POV)

I put back the small blade that was hidden in the cabinet in the Employee's Only bathroom at Hot Topic.

I wrapped my arms with thick toilet paper (there was nothing else. Don't judge) and pulled my long sleeve cardigan down to the ends of my fingers.

Oh geez, I just remembered: Pete is gonna be so mad at me.

Wait, why should I care? He was staring at that Mikey guy the whole time so why would he care about me? Why should I care about him.

As those thoughts came back into my head, I debated whether to take the blade back out or not. I deserved it, right?

I chose not to because this place was running out of toilet paper and Pete would noticed the blood on my green sleeves.

So I just took a deep breathe and walked out calmly like nothing happened.

That is, until I took a step out of the door and froze. I saw Mikey pinning Pete to the wall near the clothes, where neither of them were before, and they were roughly kissing each other. Mikey's hands had a firm grip against Pete's arms and no one else in the store even noticed, besides me.

I took my chance to run out of the place before either of them noticed me. They probably wouldn't, seeing as they were too busy sucking each other's faces off.

But unfortunately, Pete saw me right when I ran through the doors. He called after me but I ignored him. I ran as far away as possible.

This was the most I've run in a long time. I was getting out of shape. Maybe that's why Pete doesn't like me? I mean, Mikey's skinny, cute, looks friendly, why wouldn't Pete like him?

Exactly. Pete does like him...

...right?

Well obviously. He was kissing him. I don't mean anything to him anymore and he doesn't mean anything to me.

Did I ever mean anything to him? Did he actually care about me at all? Was all this pain, that I'm feeling, worth it? Is Pete worth it?

Is anything worth living?

I ended up walking slowly along a road near a bridge and a park.

I stopped and noticed where I was. To my left was a small dirty old abandoned park. To my left, was a tall bridge. Which one should I go to?

I sighed and walked towards the large bridge.

I sat close to the edge, but not close enough that I could fall.

I looked down and saw that there was water. A large open lake.

What was the point of living? Is there even one? I can't think of one as of right now...

Just as I was slowly moving towards the ledge of the brick wall, a hand laid on my shoulder.

It scared me for a moment. Who else would be next to a bridge and want to talk to me? Wait a minute...

I turned around slightly and saw Pete standing there. He was sweaty and gasping for breath.

"Pa-Pat-Trick" he said in between huffs of breath. "Why, why would you..." He trailed off for a second and began having a coughing fit.

I knew what he was going to say to me anyways, so I answered honestly. "You don't care about me anymore. No one does, do they? My parents kicked me out, and right when I thought we were getting close, I step out for 5 minutes and when I go back, you're kissing another random guy you said you didn't pay any attention to. I suppose I was wrong."

He stopped coughing and breathing heavily. He stared at me for what felt like an hour, but it was only for about 10 seconds.

He then began to sit next to me, close to the edge, but I shoved him back a little.

"There's no use, Pete. You can't convince me to go back to your house and lay in bed all day and cuddle and drink hot chocolate. I'm not going back there with you. I'm staying here" I told him and looked down again.

He stood there, shocked at my statement. "P-Patrick, please d-don't do this. Let me explai-"

I cut him off. "Explain what? That you were kissing Mikey in the middle of a store? I already knew that. Do you think I'm just going to run into your arms again and everything will be all great and happy. Not this time. Not ever."

I scooted forward so the front half of my butt was off the edge.

Then, with one deep breathe, I got the courage to move closer to the end and before I knew it, I was almost falling off, and into the water...

((Hehe CLIFFHANGER. hm... Should I do a double update tonight?)) .