Chapter 9

((Ooh things about to get intense soon *evil laughter* hehehehe))

(Pete's POV)

All I heard him mumble was 'I can't let him know I'm thinking about him like this!'

I got very confused again with his mumbling. "Thinking about what?" I simply asked, curiously. What was he thinking about me?

"Oh um nothing just, uh, thinking out loud. Sorry" he turned and put his back to me so I reached over to him and grabbed him into my arms. He just lay there and sighed.

"Everything alright, Trick?" I asked him and he blushed so hard. "Aww did I give my Tricky the blushies?" I said in a childish voice.

I rolled his eyes and stayed silent. What was he thinking??

He started looking sad so I sat us up and looked into his pretty eyes. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I just remembered we have school tomorrow and Gerard isn't going to make it any better" he sighed and laid back down.

"Don't worry about him. I'll protect you. You're my little Pattycakes and I would never let anyone or anything hurt you."

He looked back at me and sadly smiled

"Hey c'mon, I'll take you to Starbucks. Get up" I told him and he groaned and faced the other side again.

"I don't even have any money. I need to get a job." He wined.

"I'll pay. And when we're done, we can go to Hot Topic because we are in desperate need of employees and you'll love it." I reassured him and he turned back and faced me.

"You work at Hot Topic?" He asked me sleepily.

"Duh. How do you think I'm going to buy my gorgeous 'friend' anything he needs?" I air quoted 'friend'. Did he want to be more than friends with me?

"Well then, I guess I'll work there! Thanks Pete!" He thanked me and hugged me and went to get dressed.

When we finished getting ready I drove him to Starbucks and we each got a coffee and drove to Hot Topic.

I showed him around the store and the back room for a little while.

"It's great! Who else works here?" He asked me

"I haven't exactly payed much attention to anyone here, but the person working behind the counter right now is Mikey." I looked over to Mikey and saw that he was helping a costumer near the bracelets. I don't really pay attention to people here, but if I do, it's usually Mikey.

I kinda had a tiny crush on him before I met Patrick but Mikey doesn't mean anything to me anymore. He's Gerard's brother so that means he's just as mean as him, right?

He doesn't really do any of the punching or kicking at school, it's mostly Gerard or maybe sometimes Frank.

We kissed one time when we were both drunk out of our minds at a friend's party. I think it was Ray's party actually. They both seemed pretty close. I was actually a little bit jealous of Ray because Mikey didn't really talk to me at all.

I honestly don't know why, but when I'm close to him, my face starts to heat up and I get nervous and shy.

I don't like him anymore so what is wrong with me?

I snapped out of my thoughts and noticed I was staring at him the whole time.

I looked over to Patrick and saw that he was staring between me and Mikey with a pale face, like he was about to burst into tears any minute now.

And that's exactly what he did. His face immediately turned red with fury as soon as I turned to look at him. A tear fell down his cheek and he ran to the Employee's Only bathroom.

I heard muffled sobs as I tried opening the door, but he locked it.

"Come on, dude! You can't stay in there forever! Just let me explain!" I tried convincing him to come out.

"Never!" Patrick shouted extremely loud and I stepped back a bit and walked over to Mikey when the costumer left and he returned to his position behind the counter.

"Hey Mikes, do you have the key to the bathroom?" I asked him. I really don't know why I call him 'Mikes' and why he lets me, but it's something that we do.

I guess we were a tiny bit friends, but we only just said random 'hi's when no one was looking at school or having a casual conversation at work.

"Yeah, but, uh, can I talk to you about something, Pete?" He asked me shyly.

I looked over to the bathroom and didnt hear anymore crying so I hoped Patrick was okay now. "Um yeah sure."

He pulled me over to the corner of the store near the shirts. "Hey, uh," he was suddenly more awkward than usual. He was always awkward around his brother and friends at school. But never like this. It made him look a little cute. I need to stop. "So, remember that time last year when we went to Ray's party?" He blushed at the mention of the party.

"Y-yeah?" I asked nervously.

"I've been thinking a lot since then and, well, um..." He stopped and stood a little closer to me. "It would be best if I showed you."

He quickly attacked my face and smashed his lips against mine. He was quite rougher than i would've expected.

I didn't know what to do so I just kissed him back. What is going on?

He pulled back and looked at me with dominant eyes with his forehead on mine. He winked at me and walked back to the counter.

I stood there shocked, until my thoughts were put away when I noticed Patrick running out of the store in lightning speed with tears spilling out of his eyes nonstop.

What did I just do?