"Hey, will you come with me to celebrate new years eve at Time Square? DNCE will play" Jules asked me. We were at the hotel, and I was about to answer her when I got a text. From Harry. I didn't really wanted to talk so I just deleted notification right away, without reading it.

"DNCE huh? The one with Je Jonas, right?" I looked up at her questioningly, because I really wasn't into boybands, but my sister loved them twice as much.

"Yep" I got the answer, so I nodded and reassured her that I'll be there. I like to see the ball drop anyways.

"Oh, Mariah Carrie will sing as well? I love her" I looked the musicians on my phone who will play during the night. My sister just smiled at me and went to call our parents and tell them that we will spend tomorrow evening at the Time Square.

After dinner my phone was buzzing, I got other texts from Harry, and I caught one, which said 'Are you here??'. I didn't know what he was thinking, but I was hurt so I didn't reply, obviously.

I opened his texts anyways. The first one was sent early afternoon 'Hi Em, do you wanna talk?' and then right after that one 'I got 50 minutes, waiting for the plane. Really boring' then about half an hour later he wrote 'Nevermind, I'm on the plane, we could talk after I'm down'

I didn't reply his messages for two days, but he was just sending some videos and songs so my silence wasn't conspicuous. This time however it was, because he wanted to call me.

The texts he sent about 20 minutes ago were these: 'Okay, I can talk now' 'Can I call you?' which I didn't see at all because I had dinner at the time, and now this last one said 'Are you here??' and I didn't reply. I knew he could see if I saw the texts, but I really didn't care. A hurt and angry girl is no good, and I was both of those.

I started a film but my phone signalled that I got a message. 'Why aren't you replying?' then right after 'I know you saw my texts' I wasn't paying attention to my phone anymore, because I was watching Booksmart. And because I didn't care. Okay, I didn't want to care. My phone was buzzing during the whole film, so after the movie finished I decided that I will reply him shortly, and tell him to leave me alone. But then suddenly the texts stopped. I opened the chat and didn't bother reading everything he wrote, and I didn't even had to. He stopped because he found out why I was upset. His last two texts were 'Wait, it's the article isn't it' 'Just let me explain'.

'It's fine, I just don't wanna talk' I answered him, and he responded right after.

'Okay, I'll call you later then'

'Don't' I had to look up because I felt my eyes sting a bit, and no crying needed.

'So you're upset' he texted 'Please let's talk' And this was the time I turned my phone off. It was a clear indication I think.

"Hey, Em" my sister came into my room in the middle of the night. I wasn't sleeping though, because my head was full of Harry. Sad things happen I guess.

"Hi Jules" I whispered, and she sneaked into my bed and hugged me.

"I know you're not fine" This made me smile, because of course she does. She's the person who knows me the best.

"I didn't know you stayed the night here"

"Don't switch the topic" I sighed and turned around to face her. "I know you're sad but you two have to talk it out. Maybe you misunderstood him or maybe he has a good explanation"

"How do you know we didn't talk?"

"Why, you did?" When I didn't answer her, she shook her head and continued "I know you Emma, you didn't talk. But don't do this to yourself, and don't do this to him. It's a bad idea to start 2017 like this. He had a long year as well you know. He was making a movie and I assume an album too. Just don't stay-"